Time Travel

1961ram

1 hour ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Wrap George Thorne in cotton wool for the whole duration of his Derby career. Huge shame in the end as I don’t think we’ve had a more talented midfielder on the books over the last decade. 

Had someone put a load of laxitive in Jonathan Douglas' tea on the morning of the last game of the season in 2016.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

“Load”?? ?

Think Roy Keane spent more on a keeper than Billy got to spend. 

i ws thinking relatively speaking the january of our promotion season.

5 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

If only Sam said Brian you’re a bit outspoken but I’m prepared to overlook that if you keep bringing in the results.

If only brian had said, aye Ok I’ll wind me neck in a bit. 

However it’s the here and now that bothers me. 

mel liked his fans forums when things were going well, but wasn’t so open about selling the ground, or transfer embargoes. It would be good to know what we’ve got the wage bill down to now; how lockdown has affected the income, and where we think we stand now with regards to ffp.

Personally i don’t want to see us splash millions on wonky-wheel Polish wingers, wazza’s wages or anything else until we have sorted ourselves out and achieved a sustainable financial model. selling players isn’t the answer. That just a symptom of something that’s already broke.  I’ll put up with free transfers and low cost players until then. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

However it’s the here and now that bothers me. 

mel liked his fans forums when things were going well, but wasn’t so open about selling the ground, or transfer embargoes. It would be good to know what we’ve got the wage bill down to now; how lockdown has affected the income, and where we think we stand now with regards to ffp.

Personally i don’t want to see us splash millions on wonky-wheel Polish wingers, wazza’s wages or anything else until we have sorted ourselves out and achieved a sustainable financial model. selling players isn’t the answer. That just a symptom of something that’s already broke.  I’ll put up with free transfers and low cost players until then. 

Selling players is how Saints have become a stable Premiership outfit...

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Don’t worry just use 1961ram’s time machine to travel to 2028 for the announcement of Mac 3!

image.thumb.jpeg.231057312b871c9aa31565995aa27a88.jpeg

I'm not going to 2028,I reckon the EFL will have submitted their 186th appeal in relation to recent charges. 

Maxwell recognising how good Derby were in 88/89 & financially backing Cox to push for a league title. (Or selling to Lionel Pickering earlier). Liverpool were starting to decline, Manu hadn't yet clicked under Fergie & even a (comparatively) weak Leeds side won the title in 91/92...could have been us.

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Maxwell recognising how good Derby were in 88/89 & financially backing Cox to push for a league title. (Or selling to Lionel Pickering earlier). Liverpool were starting to decline, Manu hadn't yet clicked under Fergie & even a (comparatively) weak Leeds side won the title in 91/92...could have been us.

Mentioned that the other day.  We were a Wise, Crook and Townsend from a probable title tilt, who we were in for- till  Maxwell decided to lend Spurs a million quid to buy Lineker. An effort to butter up the purchase of the club he ultimately never got.

We would probably have had to stay lucky with injuries and Liverpool still had a very good team then imo. But it was definitely there for the taking.  Would have been a better story than the Leicester one from where we came from over 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He was so close, pen on the paper. Baiano was a very good player, so we didn't to badly.  Would have been nice to have the european player of the year though

I'll always remember, I was in ibiza and had to read 3 day old papers. Couldn't believe it. Mind you, it was the sun which also had Shaun Ryder down as dead until we saw him stumbling out of a shady back street club. I believe I've read bits about baggio in jim smiths autobiography too. 

Archived