Time Travel

1961ram

What a pity we cant travel back in time and not sacked Mac twice, we would have not had to go through Pearsonball, Rowettball and the otherfellaball. We would have not spent tens of thousands on players fees and wages we then gave away, we would probably be in the Prem now and have been watching entertaining football these last few years and Chris Martin would have been a Derby player and not Bristol City.

We would have not accepted Cloughies resignation and have won 2 or more European Cups and League titles.

We would have not employed Tommy Doc who ripped our wonderful team apart.

Placing tin hat on now

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Also if we could go back in time the fans who bought a ticket for the Bradford beamback at pride park where the feed failed could have not bothered.

Crazy match, I got a restricted view ticket at Bradford but not as restricted as the beamback tickets. 

I would also go back in time to the early nineteenth century with key information on how the British failed in its two attempts at taking Buenos Aries in 1806 & 1807. This would have lead to Britain successfully claiming Argentina from the Spanish and I would have then implemented a treaty of dual nationality for Argentinian nationals and the motherland. Some 190 years later would have seen Esteban Fuertes having a long a prosperous career with Derby County.

51 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I would also go back in time to the early nineteenth century with key information on how the British failed in its two attempts at taking Buenos Aries in 1806 & 1807. This would have lead to Britain successfully claiming Argentina from the Spanish and I would have then implemented a treaty of dual nationality for Argentinian nationals and the motherland. Some 190 years later would have seen Esteban Fuertes having a long a prosperous career with Derby County.

Good call and Messi would have been an English speaker and Aguero wouldn't have had a stupid first name like Kun.

2 hours ago, 1961ram said:

What a pity we cant travel back in time and not sacked Mac twice, we would have not had to go through Pearsonball, Rowettball and the otherfellaball. We would have not spent tens of thousands on players fees and wages we then gave away, we would probably be in the Prem now and have been watching entertaining football these last few years and Chris Martin would have been a Derby player and not Bristol City.

We would have not accepted Cloughies resignation and have won 2 or more European Cups and League titles.

We would have not employed Tommy Doc who ripped our wonderful teamtw apart.

Placing tin hat on now

Mels 2 biggest mistakes in my opinion sacking mac twice 

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d love to be able to go back and give the squad Clement had to a half decent manager. I’m pretty sure McClaren, Lampard, Cocu and even Rowett would have taken us up with that squad. Absolutely criminal that we only finished 5th.

Meh, I think the squad the year before was better 

We managed to spend £25,000,000, increase the wage bill by £14,000,000p/a and make the squad worse. 

Honestly, and I’ve said it before, put me I charge of transfers that season and I save Mel Morris about £50,000,000

Only one I would have gotten wrong I’d Butterfield and even then, I still think he’d have been good deep when Thorne wasn’t fit. 

1 minute ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Not to gain promotion with the dwarf

gaining promotion was great,  giving him a load of money to spunk that made the team worse was the mistake 

I would take the surgeon who worked on Andy Murray’s hip and get him to work his magic on Branko Strupar. We could potentially stop back off in the early 2010’s and do get him to work on Chris Porters hip too, but that might be a waste of plutonium in the DeLorean.

Although this may all be academic as Fuertes could have shot the Rams to Champions League glory and the Rams could have been Messi’s childhood club of choice. Basically we are literally the best team in history in this time paradox, Leicester would never have won the prem, Bielsa would have ended up managing us and Forest would be exactly the same.

12 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I would take the surgeon who worked on Andy Murray’s hip and get him to work his magic on Branko Strupar. We could potentially stop back off in the early 2010’s and do get him to work on Chris Porters hip too, but that might be a waste of plutonium in the DeLorean.

Although this may all be academic as Fuertes could have shot the Rams to Champions League glory and the Rams could have been Messi’s childhood club of choice. Basically we are literally the best team in history in this time paradox, Leicester would never have won the prem, Bielsa would have ended up managing us and Forest would be exactly the same.

Oh Branko, I reckon he could have scored close to 20 goals in the Premiership had he stayed fit. 

4 hours ago, Orphanram said:

........and no Falklands war

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Meh, I think the squad the year before was better 

We managed to spend £25,000,000, increase the wage bill by £14,000,000p/a and make the squad worse. 

Honestly, and I’ve said it before, put me I charge of transfers that season and I save Mel Morris about £50,000,000

Only one I would have gotten wrong I’d Butterfield and even then, I still think he’d have been good deep when Thorne wasn’t fit. 

Money certainly could have been spent better, but I still think that was the best squad in the division. We somehow managed to simultaneously have a shocking manager and a shocking recruitment team. It didn’t exactly start well for Mel.

Archived