Football index

NottsRam77

Sorry if this is should be in the jim smith room, just thought it’s football related 

and yes it is gambling ... so please do it responsibly kids 

but does anyone else do it ?

how u finding it ?

any particular type of strategy ?

just started via a mates recommendation and really enjoying it.

but as a noob open to tips and ideas from anyone more experienced 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be growing steadily, they’ve just introduced order books (still working that out lol) they’re also looking to float on the Nasdaq so seem confident of some pretty big growth 

Iv done about the same as u @DarkFruitsRam7 about 25%
on £500 trying to decide to lob another 500 at it and see if I can make some tidy money or to walk away 

• 6 months later...

Hope everyone pulled their cash out of this as they've entered into administration with investors now unable to withdraw funds. Not good!!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/11/football-index-customers-money-trapped-after-platform-is-suspended

Football Index, the self-styled “football stock market”, appeared to be heading into administration on Thursday evening, five days after a massive crash on its market that left its customers with tens of millions of pounds trapped in its platform. If the business collapses, it will be the biggest failure of any British betting company, possibly leaving individual customers facing potential losses of £200,000 or more.

Actually opened an account myself a few years back but never deposited any funds as something didn't feel right about it and a few industry insiders were pretty sceptical about their 'business plan'. The chosen insolvency practitioners is Begbies Traynor according to the article so I'd suggest contacting them if you had funds in this. FI are talking about 're-structuring' but it sounds dead in the water to me.

21 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Hope everyone pulled their cash out of this as they've entered into administration with investors now unable to withdraw funds. Not good!!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/11/football-index-customers-money-trapped-after-platform-is-suspended

Football Index, the self-styled “football stock market”, appeared to be heading into administration on Thursday evening, five days after a massive crash on its market that left its customers with tens of millions of pounds trapped in its platform. If the business collapses, it will be the biggest failure of any British betting company, possibly leaving individual customers facing potential losses of £200,000 or more.

Actually opened an account myself a few years back but never deposited any funds as something didn't feel right about it and a few industry insiders were pretty sceptical about their 'business plan'. The chosen insolvency practitioners is Begbies Traynor according to the article so I'd suggest contacting them if you had funds in this. FI are talking about 're-structuring' but it sounds dead in the water to me.

Got into it in 2018 (on a school student's budget) and made about £100, which was cool at the time. It was only because the market was growing so quickly though, and nothing to do with skill. Sold all my holdings before I went to uni and haven't gone back since, thankfully.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Got into it in 2018 (on a school student's budget) and made about £100, which was cool at the time. It was only because the market was growing so quickly though, and nothing to do with skill. Sold all my holdings before I went to uni and haven't gone back since, thankfully.

Good thing really! Some had 6 figure sums invested. Saw something about prices crashing on the weekend - Sancho from £15+ to under a quid - so the signs were ominous. That said, it's happened almost overnight. Smacks of a Ponzi scheme to me but we'll see.

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Good thing really! Some had 6 figure sums invested. Saw something about prices crashing on the weekend - Sancho from £15+ to under a quid - so the signs were ominous. That said, it's happened almost overnight. Smacks of a Ponzi scheme to me but we'll see.

A journalistic called Joey D’Urso (I think) has been covering it. From what I can gather, they’ve been covering up their poor financial state, which led to them massively changing their dividend payouts system. This meant the value of all the players dropped massively, and everyone has lost a load of money.

I believe they’re now claiming they’re a gambling site, not a stock market (I think because the laws differ around them). 

3 hours ago, David said:

Does this mean Forest can go back to having Fawaz sponsor their shirts?

Well, being sponsored by a gamling company that managed to go bust and have it's license suspended is quite on brand for forest, but alas, they have had to take the logo off their shirts (as have QPR).

I expect a "Be Kind - please don't call us Notts because it triggers out fans" type design to be rushed through.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, being sponsored by a gamling company that managed to go bust and have it's license suspended is quite on brand for forest, but alas, they have had to take the logo off their shirts (as have QPR).

I expect a "Be Kind - please don't call us Notts because it triggers out fans" type design to be rushed through.

They could just do this with it
Image.thumb.png.eb127c424899e01b88c39cedd28e5e33.png

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The stench of Ponzi is rising like a miasma from this one.... 

Sith Happens
23 hours ago, David said:

Does this mean Forest can go back to having Fawaz sponsor their shirts?

Apparently taking inspiration from the previous owner the fat greek will be the forest shirt sponsor going forward...it will just say 'get your fix'

Apparently has a double meaning but I don't understand it.. ?

Archived