Next seasons odds

Barron

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seeing as the odds quoted are for winning the league which we have absolutely no chance whatsoever I'd have said 16/1 were really poor odds to be fair. Add another zero then we're getting towards the right ballpark. 

Surely 5000/1 would be more accurate for ‘absolutely zero chance whatsoever’  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, R@M said:

Surely 5000/1 would be more accurate for ‘absolutely zero chance whatsoever’  

I agree. As I've already posted previously yesterday can see why bookies make so much money as the odds they offer are totally disconnected from the actual probability of an event happening, always in their favour obviously.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I agree. As I've already posted previously yesterday can see why bookies make so much money as the odds they offer are totally disconnected from the actual probability of an event happening, always in their favour obviously.

The same odds for when Leicester won the Premier League?

On 22/08/2020 at 11:39, Rampant said:

What is interesting is that we are 16/1 for the league (same as PNE) yet 4/1 to be relegated (PNE are 16/1 for the drop).

Bookies are pricing our relegation odds as if we have a points deduction in place. Not suggesting they have insider knowledge but they are certainly taking no chances.

Those relegation odds went from 4/1 to 12/1 immediately once the EFL announcement was made. I suspect if there was no chance of an appeal by the EFL that those odds would be 16/1 or greater too.

2 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

A fit Jack Marriott 66-1 top goalscorer. ???

Top scorers tend to 90% or more of the total minutes over a season. As it’s most likely Marriott will be battling with Waghorn for the CF spot, I doubt he’ll play enough to score more than 20 - 15 would be a very good season for him. 

I’d put my money Pukki, Watkins or Grant if they remain in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Top scorers tend to 90% or more of the total minutes over a season. As it’s most likely Marriott will be battling with Waghorn for the CF spot, I doubt he’ll play enough to score more than 20 - 15 would be a very good season for him. 

I’d put my money Pukki, Watkins or Grant if they remain in the Championship.

Grabban top goal scorer went onto my outright acca 

Archived