Rosenior and recruitment

jimbobram

Only just got round to watching Liam Rosenior talking to sky about how things are going for him, Derby, lockdown etc, and it is an absolute pleasure listening to him. 

He said part of his role is to work with recruitment, and he alone has looked at over 1000 players since being in lockdown for potential transfer targets. It's going to be really interesting to see how we move in the transfer market over the next few years, and to be honest, im really looking forward to it. I'm sure he, the current scouting team and the club know we aren't going to be making those massive signings now, so those 'little gems' we have been on about will have to be found

I think Rosenior is a breathe of fresh air at this football club. A real intelligent guy who has experience in all divisions of english football and look forward to seeing some shrewd signings.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jimbobram said:

Only just got round to watching Liam Rosenior talking to sky about how things are going for him, Derby, lockdown etc, and it is an absolute pleasure listening to him. 

He said part of his role is to work with recruitment, and he alone has looked at over 1000 players since being in lockdown for potential transfer targets. It's going to be really interesting to see how we move in the transfer market over the next few years, and to be honest, im really looking forward to it. I'm sure he, the current scouting team and the club know we aren't going to be making those massive signings now, so those 'little gems' we have been on about will have to be found

I think Rosenior is a breathe of fresh air at this football club. A real intelligent guy who has experience in all divisions of english football and look forward to seeing some shrewd signings.

Yes, I agree. He says a little more about this during his catch-up with @OwenB87 yesterday, too. Hinting at the very different market that DCFC will be operating in when it comes to transfers. Good to hear from him.

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, I agree. He says a little more about this during his catch-up with @OwenB87 yesterday, too. Hinting at the very different market that DCFC will be operating in when it comes to transfers. Good to hear from him.

It is good to hear. Good to hear that we have hopefully learnt from our mistakes and we can be a little bit more intelligent with our recruitment. He seems to be very important in the transition of youth player to first team player too. Look forward to see 1 or 2 new faces from the academy next season too. 

53 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

It is good to hear. Good to hear that we have hopefully learnt from our mistakes and we can be a little bit more intelligent with our recruitment. He seems to be very important in the transition of youth player to first team player too. Look forward to see 1 or 2 new faces from the academy next season too. 

Yes, please. If Martin goes, we have to give Hector-Ingram his chance.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, please. If Martin goes, we have to give Hector-Ingram his chance.

He is up there definitely. However, strikers often have a lot of pressure on them. If Martin goes, we will need a replacement. The likes of whittaker and Hector-Ingram could do with a loan to have a real season in men's football to learn the game and get some goals. 

14 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

He is up there definitely. However, strikers often have a lot of pressure on them. If Martin goes, we will need a replacement. The likes of whittaker and Hector-Ingram could do with a loan to have a real season in men's football to learn the game and get some goals. 

Maybe Whittaker does if he doesn't push on (although I think he's doing alright given the game time he's had and the role he's being asked to play.)  

I think Hector-Ingram won't be fazed by men's football.  At least see how he goes before loaning him out. Bird, Knight and Sibley seem to be coping just fine. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Maybe Whittaker does if he doesn't push on (although I think he's doing alright given the game time he's had and the role he's being asked to play.)  

I think Hector-Ingram won't be fazed by men's football.  At least see how he goes before loaning him out. Bird, Knight and Sibley seem to be coping just fine. 

Whittaker is 2 years younger than Hector-Ingram, He could definitely do with a loan. Hector-Ingram is now 21 and hasn't played a single competitive game in his career. If Hector-Ingram was ready for first team football with us he would have been put in already IMO. I think they are both the same level in terms of men's football and could both do with that lower league first team football. 

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure Waghorn is next season's striker with support from youth/Marriott if we don't sell him.

Future transfers, VFM is going to be the driver I'm sure. Not a bad thing really, more Duane Holmes kind of signings.

I agree, however, we know King Cocu & co were looking for that hold up centre forward player in both windows. Apart from Chrissy, we don't have that type of striker, and I don't think either Hector-Ingram or Whittaker are that type of forward either. 

I definitely like the way Rosenior is talking... maybe he is the person we've needed for years to restructure our recruitment methods.

A new centre-forward has to be a priority if Martin leaves... I personally don't think our youth strikers are ready for a full season of men's football yet. There are options out there 'on the cheap' (Lyle Taylor coming to the end of his contract at Charlton? Maybe take a chance on someone with a bit less experience e.g. Carlton Morris from Norwich?) but every club is now going to be looking for those signings in the current climate... It'll be interesting to see what happens.

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

I agree, however, we know King Cocu & co were looking for that hold up centre forward player in both windows. Apart from Chrissy, we don't have that type of striker, and I don't think either Hector-Ingram or Whittaker are that type of forward either. 

I agree, but I can't see us bringing in a striker for anything more than a small fee which is why I think we'll just give Waghorn the job. What we need is another free transfer of a 25yo Chris Martin.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I agree, but I can't see us bringing in a striker for anything more than a small fee which is why I think we'll just give Waghorn the job. What we need is another free transfer of a 25yo Chris Martin.

Or I'd settle for another year of Chris Martin. Very Cheerfully.

Anyroad. Rosenior. Seems a good man to have around. Hopefully it works out for him.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rooney upfront and Bielik taking his place in the middle?

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He could probably do the job, and he's probably still more mobile than Martin. But I really really like what Rooney had been doing in midfield.

Fully agreed I think he is playing his best position in the "current" midfield role.  At the same time he might still be our least worst option upfront and we should have adquate cover for him in the midfield.

4 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I definitely like the way Rosenior is talking... maybe he is the person we've needed for years to restructure our recruitment methods.

A new centre-forward has to be a priority if Martin leaves... I personally don't think our youth strikers are ready for a full season of men's football yet. There are options out there 'on the cheap' (Lyle Taylor coming to the end of his contract at Charlton? Maybe take a chance on someone with a bit less experience e.g. Carlton Morris from Norwich?) but every club is now going to be looking for those signings in the current climate... It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'm a massive fan of Lyle Taylor, he'd be a quality addition. Often plays as a lone striker, mobile & a good finisher.

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Rooney upfront and Bielik taking his place in the middle?

I dont think he'd want to play there. Even at Man Utd he was happier playing deeper, he likes to get on the ball & dictate the play. Think Bielik will struggle to get back into the team ahead of either Rooney or Bird (assuming other midfielder in a 4-3-3 is forward thinking like Holmes)

Archived