Your vagueness lacks decorum

I'd beg for exegesis

But begging's not my business

He'll write no explanation

Although I always tell him

And so it's my assumption

I'm really up the junction

Beautiful 

I suspect that @Inverurie Ram has been watching "The English Game" on Netflix {which is an ironic title given that two of the foremost characters are Scottish}. It's an excellent "history" {some of the facts are actually incorrect for poetic license} of the development of the game of football, {although it's tied in with politics and of course some love-interest back stories}. Derby Junction featured this week "beating" Darwen 3-0 {actually Derby Junction lost 4-0 after the first game tied 2-2. Derby Junction eventually folded, in no small way due to the rise of the Rams as "THE" team in Derby. 

EE535B19-2C2A-41EA-A31E-893DE2015685.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@Ellafella I haven't watched any of the "The English Game" yet. But thanks for putting it on this forum and all your wonderful information about such and all the rest. I will hopefully start watching it tonight, looks like great Sunday night TV.

You are a Gentleman, Sir! I hope you enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I suspect that @Inverurie Ram has been watching "The English Game" on Netflix {which is an ironic title given that two of the foremost characters are Scottish}. It's an excellent "history" {some of the facts are actually incorrect for poetic license} of the development of the game of football, {although it's tied in with politics and of course some love-interest back stories}. Derby Junction featured this week "beating" Darwen 3-0 {actually Derby Junction lost 4-0 after the first game tied 2-2. Derby Junction eventually folded, in no small way due to the rise of the Rams as "THE" team in Derby. 

EE535B19-2C2A-41EA-A31E-893DE2015685.jpeg

According to @Mostyn6, it was Derby St Lukes that featured?  (In the "The English game" thread).

I have watched it, but can't remember myself.  Just know it was "Derby something or other"!  

Archived