U23s vs West Ham (h)

Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah, much better quality in and around the box. 

They've given away as much ball as we have. They are much more robust in the tackle, and carrying the ball. But our midfield looks not quite 'together'.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

They've given away as much ball as we have. They are much more robust in the tackle, and carrying the ball. But our midfield looks not quite 'together'.

It has been that way since we decided to go with Babos and Cresswell in the midfield. We lack the balance defensively. 

Brilliant ball in from Babos there. 3-3 ?

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It has been that way since we decided to go with Babos and Cresswell in the midfield. We lack the balance defensively. 

Brilliant ball in from Babos there. 3-3 ?

Regarding this... 

I don’t think it’s through choice as we don’t have the numbers to field our strongest U23 side whilst still fielding a strong U18 side. Tonight, 5 of our subs will be playing in the U18s on Saturday. 

Probably bore everyone banging on about how proud I am of our young'uns but I've just realised that there's something else that makes me smile. They play with loads of passion and young Sibbo, Festy etc put in some strong tackles, but we never seem cynical or cheaty. it makes me even more proud that not only are we producing a ton of good young players, but that they try to play the right way, within the spirit of the game. Salzburg were a good team for sure, but I think it'd depress me to watch our youth teams cheat and feign injury the way they did.

I'll shout up now! ?

Archived