U23s vs West Ham (h)

Ghost of Clough

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

There will be a few West Ham supporters wondering why they let Hector Ingram go.

Would be terrific if he gets a hat trick against them to win the game.

Tbf his goalscoring record for them at this level was nothing like it is for us, but even so, I seem to recall that it was actually his decision to move on rather than them letting him go.

Edit:

https://readwestham.com/2019/08/13/west-ham-fans-react-as-jahmal-hector-ingram-confirms-departure/

Rejected the offer of a contract extension,.only scored 3 goals in 50 appearances at this level for them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, philmycocu said:

Yep, really impressed with Festy, maybe a winger in years to come?

I'd love to see him as an attacking mid or winger. He might be a bit short to play fullback and in any case, he's so good going forward it'd seem a bit of a waste.

Of the really young lads, he and Tyree are the ones that excite me most at this point though I think Festy is probably a year ahead in his development. He's a tough little bar steward too which I like. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'd love to see him as an attacking mid or winger. He might be a bit short to play fullback and in any case, he's so good going forward it'd seem a bit of a waste.

Of the really young lads, he and Tyree are the ones that excite me most at this point though I think Festy is probably a year ahead in his development. He's a tough little bar steward too which I like. 

Both are 2nd year scholars so will move to the U23s next year. Ebosele usually played at CF or on the wing prior to this season. 

As we’ve seen with Bogle, Ebosele seems to be better when he has space to run in to. If moved further forward his has less space. Still plenty for him to work on in either position, but highly promising for only 17 years of age!

Creswell with the cynical foul after I've extolled the virtues of our fair play philosophy ?‍♂️?

That's what I mean about us needing to be careful. We sometimes push so high up the pitch that we leave ourselves open to simple balls over the top. 

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Tbf his goalscoring record for them at this level was nothing like it is for us, but even so, I seem to recall that it was actually his decision to move on rather than them letting him go.

Edit:

https://readwestham.com/2019/08/13/west-ham-fans-react-as-jahmal-hector-ingram-confirms-departure/

Rejected the offer of a contract extension,.only scored 3 goals in 50 appearances at this level for them.

There you go, ruining a perfectly reasonable fabricated tale with facts

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Both are 2nd year scholars so will move to the U23s next year. Ebosele usually played at CF or on the wing prior to this season. 

As we’ve seen with Bogle, Ebosele seems to be better when he has space to run in to. If moved further forward his has less space. Still plenty for him to work on in either position, but highly promising for only 17 years of age!

I was thinking about Bogle as he is the block to Festy. I think Festy has more attacking intent than Jayden and I also think he has that instant acceleration too. He's lethal over 15-20 yards.  I do take your point about having space to move forward into but we've seen him stand his man up several times tonight and then just burn him for pace so I think he's potentially a more potent attacking threat than Jayden. I did think also that when I first saw him play he was a winger too so thanks for confirming.

Can you explain the 2nd year scholar thing please? I thought they were both 17 so still eligible of the younger sides but I don't know about the scholar thing. I do think both are ready to step up though.

10 minutes ago, TommyPowell said:

give credit it Anya the guys trying .He didnt put his transfer value on himself plus theres a few in the first team squad who wouldnt give a poo

I agree. He's been absolutely roasted on here but I've always thought he looks tidy when he plays and we don't really know the full story I sense. Seems fit as a flea despite no games so he's obviously not just sat on his arse collecting cheques. I guess the truth will come out one day ?

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I was thinking about Bogle as he is the block to Festy. I think Festy has more attacking intent than Jayden and I also think he has that instant acceleration too. He's lethal over 15-20 yards.  I do take your point about having space to move forward into but we've seen him stand his man up several times tonight and then just burn him for pace so I think he's potentially a more potent attacking threat than Jayden. I did think also that when I first saw him play he was a winger too so thanks for confirming.

Final product (decision making) and marking are probably the two areas Festy is weakest on. If he’s to be a FB or winger he has to improve on at least one of those.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Can you explain the 2nd year scholar thing please? I thought they were both 17 so still eligible of the younger sides but I don't know about the scholar thing. I do think both are ready to step up though.

I may need to double check their DoB (the cutoff is usually based on age on a specific date rather than due to age itself), but this is their 2nd year of being in the U18s, so will be full members of the U23s next season either way. The typical pattern is squad player in year 1, followed by 1st choice in year 2. 

Archived