Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope ,,, that’s a response to the constant right wing garbage and you will also note it was a response to on the piss posting?so go again,

It's a political and moralistic distinction whether you care to accept that fact or not. And quite why you believe that anyone suggesting any political bias must be drunk, only you will know. Clearly, you can't conceive of the fact that other people may just hold an alternative view to your own, which is hugely ironic given this is precisely the criticism you level at others.

13 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Interesting post around the Sweden strategy. Probably highlighting how bad the UK implemented their lockdowns co pared to the rest of the world rather than showing they don't work. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-29/why-sweden-has-tightened-its-light-touch-covid-rules-quicktake

Lots more interesting and (crucially) factual information to debunk TRs idea that Sweden has not implemented any restrictions

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

So would I - but the point remains that we did have roughly similar restrictions to theirs when we were in the tier system, and hospitalisations/deaths began to rise exponentially. So what would you have suggested at that point?

Kept it as was, what we’ve done other than the vaccinations had done nothing other than the negatives I said in my earlier post. 

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Lots more interesting and (crucially) factual information to debunk TRs idea that Sweden has not implemented any restrictions

They didn’t lockdown 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

a politician, scientist or medical person are saying what they say because they are left wing or right wing

For what it's worth, I don't see how anyone can possibly say that it's a right/left issue when we have the most right-wing populist government of my lifetime, yet neither side of the political divide thinks they have done a particularly good job

It may be to do with the fact that the same grifters who made a packet out of the right-wing elements of the B* word are now hitching their flag to the lockdown sceptic movement. They will go wherever their are disenfranchised people to exploit and they will exploit whichever of their fears they have to in order to make a buck

14 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

are you seriously saying that "fewer deaths" is a negative?

Of course not but was that because of lockdown I certainly don’t think so. I’m saying the negatives such as kids education and industry’s being destroyed (which I am guess you are saying is ok or just collateral damage)

31 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It's a political and moralistic distinction whether you care to accept that fact or not. And quite why you believe that anyone suggesting any political bias must be drunk, only you will know. Clearly, you can't conceive of the fact that other people may just hold an alternative view to your own, which is hugely ironic given this is precisely the criticism you level at others.

Nope not about political bias, it’s really really easy to spot the level of alcohol going up by certain posters posts ,

so agree lockdown is right wing/ support lockdown is left wing ? Way too general and simplistic and a well worn tactic on here from minority issue s , brexit and now this ?‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope not about political bias, it’s really really easy to spot the level of alcohol going up by certain posters posts ,

so agree lockdown is right wing/ support lockdown is left wing ? Way too general and simplistic and a well worn tactic on here from minority issue s , brexit and now this ?‍♂️

Your innate confidence in your ability to detect blood alcohol levels from text is frankly hilarious and whilst you seem blissfully unaware of the fact, it says a deal more about you than your intended targets. 

As the balance of your post is barely comprehensible, I'll take the path of least resistance and leave you to it.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

For what it's worth, I don't see how anyone can possibly say that it's a right/left issue when we have the most right-wing populist government of my lifetime, yet neither side of the political divide thinks they have done a particularly good job

It may be to do with the fact that the same grifters who made a packet out of the right-wing elements of the B* word are now hitching their flag to the lockdown sceptic movement. They will go wherever their are disenfranchised people to exploit and they will exploit whichever of their fears they have to in order to make a buck

Yep that’s my argument ?‍♂️

56 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Your innate confidence in your ability to detect blood alcohol levels from text is frankly hilarious and whilst you seem blissfully unaware of the fact, it says a deal more about you than your intended targets. 

As the balance of your post is barely comprehensible, I'll take the path of least resistance and leave you to it.

Cheers?

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Of course not but was that because of lockdown I certainly don’t think so. I’m saying the negatives such as kids education and industry’s being destroyed (which I am guess you are saying is ok or just collateral damage)

Do you think the fact half the country had tier 4 restrictions and the schools were all closed over Christmas had anything to do with the decrease in infections? 
Why did the virus suddenly start to slow down? 

18 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Do you think the fact half the country had tier 4 restrictions and the schools were all closed over Christmas had anything to do with the decrease in infections? 

I don’t no. It slowed as it naturally would as we have seen in other countries without these tight restrictions. 
To be honest this is my uneducated view and it’s in the minority of the sheeple. I understand that and I’ll rightly get the forum scientists telling me how wrong I am blah blah blah. However I stand firm that we have completely ducked over a huge portion of our population especially the younger generations by putting in needless and frankly criminal restrictions. 

22 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

It's always the case - I'm reliably assured that reducing contact with others has absolutely no effect on the number and rate of infections - but when evidence points to what is at first glance a causal relationship between the two, there has to be some other reason that nobody has fathomed yet. Therefore, I should like to propose that the real reason is the power of prayer. The likes of @G STAR RAM and @TexasRam chant an hourly mantra on here about getting people back into pubs, schools etc, and how those who think that government restrictions were 'too little, too late' are basically the Antichrist, which conclusively proves that at least one out of Allah, God or FSM do exist, and he/she reads DCFCFans, loves us and wants us to be happy.

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t no. It slowed as it naturally would as we have seen in other countries without these tight restrictions. 
To be honest this is my uneducated view and it’s in the minority of the sheeple. I understand that and I’ll rightly get the forum scientists telling me how wrong I am blah blah blah. However I stand firm that we have completely ducked over a huge portion of our population especially the younger generations by putting in needless and frankly criminal restrictions. 

9/10 for trolling.

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's always the case - I'm reliably assured that reducing contact with others has absolutely no effect on the number and rate of infections - but when evidence points to what is at first glance a causal relationship between the two, there has to be some other reason that nobody has fathomed yet. Therefore, I should like to propose that the real reason is the power of prayer. The likes of @G STAR RAM and @TexasRam chant an hourly mantra on here about getting people back into pubs, schools etc, and how those who think that government restrictions were 'too little, too late' are basically the Antichrist, which conclusively proves that at least one out of Allah, God or FSM do exist, and he/she reads DCFCFans, loves us and wants us to be happy.

One minute you are launching attacks on people because nobody is abiding by the rules, next minute you are saying it is them rules which are behind the falling infection rate.

Which one is it?

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

To be honest this is my uneducated view and it’s in the minority of the sheeple. I understand that and I’ll rightly get the forum scientists telling me how wrong I am blah blah blah

I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong to have a different opinion, but I will question what you're baseing that opinion on

Hospitalisations, deaths and The R number all slowed down during the first lockdown. Then we lifted the majority of restrictions over the summer and they all started rising again.

I can't fathom what logic you're clinging to there that says they would have miraculously started to slow again if we'd not locked anything back down.

Archived