Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

Oh my word, it's being posted by an osteopath. Good to see that pseudoscience is alive and well in the US. 

Ah, but she used 'Jesus' in her tagline, so it must be right - not only holistic but holyistic.

It reached its target audience though, didn't it?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I also saw it on Twitter - the form is posted in annoying low resolution (on purpose?) so I guess most people will misinterpret the SHOCK HORROR tone of the tweet text. What it actually shows is that 9376 tests gave 10 positives - which all came up as negative on a second test. So it's an actual false positive rate of about 0.1 percent.

That 0.1% is the maximum 'false positive' from those tests, for the simple reason that, unless the two test samples for a given person were taken simultaneously (and what would be the point of that?), it is quite possible for someone to give a genuine positive one day and a genuine negative the next - otherwise everyone who ever tested positive at one time would always test positive in perpetuity.

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That 0.1% is the maximum 'false positive' from those tests, for the simple reason that, unless the two test samples for a given person were taken simultaneously (and what would be the point of that?), it is quite possible for someone to give a genuine positive one day and a genuine negative the next - otherwise everyone who ever tested positive at one time would always test positive in perpetuity.

The other rather major point to take from the attempt at fact-bending is that this is a result of the Cambridge University ASYMPTOMATIC testing program. In other words, they are ONLY testing students with no symptoms. 

By definition a false positive rate is always going to be more likely than in testing samples where people are getting tested BECAUSE they have symptoms

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Well, when they're saying something like that you'd want some kind of reference on it. If not, we may as well just make up any ol' nonsense. 

It was 4 in the morning, When I quickly posted that response to your source comment. I ain’t as anal (boring) about all this as you. When I get time, I will have a look for the article. In the meantime back in your box. 

After reading the news over the last few days regarding the possibility that it may become more difficult to import goods into the country come the new year. The current stock of the coronarus vaccine will soon run out, will getting the next supply of the vaccine become more difficult.

If that is the case I suppose it will make the anti-vaxer contingency amongst us happy.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

After reading the news over the last few days regarding the possibility that it may become more difficult to import goods into the country come the new year. The current stock of the coronarus vaccine will soon run out, will getting the next supply of the vaccine become more difficult.

If that is the case I suppose it will make the anti-vaxer contingency amongst us happy.

A factory in Leek, Staffordshire, is going to be manufacturing the Pfizer vaccine.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Hopefully they won't be very happy 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55206518

Just now, Angry Ram said:

Ah MSM. Don't you just love em. Shockers the lot of them.

I dont think what she did would warrant the punishment in normal circumstances but i guess when you make your career out of calling out others then there is no other option.

Highest rise in cases for 3 weeks 20,964.

Read earlier that despite a drop in Derbyshire since the start of lockdown the past week had seen a rise in cases again.

Just now, Sith Happens said:

I dont think what she did would warrant the punishment in normal circumstances but i guess when you make your career out of calling out others then there is no other option.

100% She broke the rules but it's not a capital offence but as you say, she and others make their careers by calling others out. Ya gotta be whiter than white.

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

Sky taking a breach of guidelines seriously.

Doesnt say if those involved will still be paid during their absence though.

https://news.sky.com/story/kay-burley-agrees-to-be-off-air-for-six-months-after-covid-19-breach-12157105

Maybe we should get a cabinet minister to interview and start with her immortal lines...'are you going to apologise...'

Archived