Coronavirus

1of4

Just now, TexasRam said:

There you go, what I said. Thank you for clearing up, my messages are open for apologies @jimmyp@GboroRam @Eddie. I won’t hold my breath 

TexasRam claim #1: "10 pm ITV news stated that Blackpool Victoria Hospital is now full of COVID patients."
#FactCheck: No they didn't

TexasRam Claim #2: "Truth-  The “allocated” beds for Covid patients are full. Which is 8. From a total bed capacity of 767"
#FactCheck: The doctor said the Covid unit is full. It is unclear as to the full meaning behind "Covid unit" as it may simply refer to the designated Covid ICU. Your claim also ignores the fact that their must be "allocated" beds for patients who don't require intensive care, as there were 75 other Covid patients in other wards.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

TexasRam claim #1: "10 pm ITV news stated that Blackpool Victoria Hospital is now full of COVID patients."

TexasRam Claim #2: "Truth-  The “allocated” beds for Covid patients are full. Which is 8. From a total bed capacity of 767"
#FactCheck: The doctor said the Covid unit is full. It is unclear as to the full meaning behind "Covid unit" as it may simply refer to the designated Covid ICU. Your claim also ignores the fact that their must be "allocated" beds for patients who don't require intensive care, as there were 75 other Covid patients in other wards.

What I wrote :10 pm ITV news stated that Blackpool Victoria Hospital is now full of COVID patients.

Truth-  The “allocated” beds for Covid patients are full. Which is 8.
From a total bed capacity of 767

What they said 

7:43, "Their Covid unit is full".
8:20, "We are full in the Covid unit. We may spill over into the other intensive care unit".

I’ll keep going all day this if you’re up for it ?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not quite sure why I'm included in his demand for an apology, seeing as I've got him on perma-ignore and only see his posts when other people quote his 'misguidedness'. 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Because this was small example of some potentially inaccurate reporting/statistics in one hospital, whereas with your hopeless chart, you were trying to claim that this showed some overall truth that there is nothing to worry about.

I remember around a month ago you were constantly going on about "why are hospital numbers not going up" when people were concerned about the rise in infections. You didn't seem to realise that infections are a leading indicator for hospital admissions.

Now hospital numbers are going up, you keep asking "why are the deaths not going up", failing to realise that hospital admissions are a leading indicators for deaths.

And this is all happening against a backdrop of restrictions that you don't agree with.

I hope you don't end up been the @smiths_tavrn of the 2nd wave.

Forget Blackpool8bedsgate,@TexasRam said he agreed with all of my above post!

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

TBH I know very little about Australia, couldn't care less what they are doing tbh. 

That’s pretty ignorant of you Maxjam. 

1) They’ve got their own royalty:

edna GIF

Kylie Minogue Kiss GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

2) They have a UK Ambassador:

F791A998-C23D-4785-B30D-547082368513.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Forget Blackpool8bedsgate,@TexasRam said he agreed with all of my above post!

That’s because you’re my favourite one of the others (the misguided) ?

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not quite sure why I'm included in his demand for an apology, seeing as I've got him on perma-ignore and only see his posts when other people quote his 'misguidedness'. 

steve coogan shrug GIF

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

What I wrote :10 pm ITV news stated that Blackpool Victoria Hospital is now full of COVID patients.

Truth-  The “allocated” beds for Covid patients are full. Which is 8.
From a total bed capacity of 767

What they said 

7:43, "Their Covid unit is full".
8:20, "We are full in the Covid unit. We may spill over into the other intensive care unit".

I’ll keep going all day this if you’re up for it ?

What you should of written was “ ITV news stated that Blackpool Victoria Hospital Covid unit is now full and they may spill over into other intensive care units.

What was the purpose of including a truth section in your post if ITV never implied anything but the truth.

Just now, jimmyp said:

What you should of written was “ ITV news states that Blackpool Victoria Hospital Covid unit is now full and they may spill over into other intensive care units.

What was the purpose of including a truth section in your post if ITV never implied anything but the truth.

To be honest Jim, if you can’t see through the propaganda, scaremongering and mass hysteria causing stirred up by these outlets. Moreover the above being an absolute prime example then it’s probably best you put me on ignore also.  

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

To be honest Jim, if you can’t see through the propaganda, scaremongering and mass hysteria causing stirred up by these outlets. Moreover the above being an absolute prime example then it’s probably best you put me on ignore also.  

I don’t buy into the whole ignorance is bliss 

1 minute ago, jimmyp said:

I don’t buy into the whole ignorance is bliss 

Ignorance to what ? To someone saying the allocation of the Covid unit is full without stating it was only 8 beds? I’m absolutely astounded people can’t see it

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Also yesterday I posted something that was misleading and factually incorrect, it was however my opinion at the time that I was correct due to my research and general knowledge. I probed other members of this forum to prove me wrong as I was so sure I hadn’t made a mistake. After three posters pointed out I was in fact talking poop,  I researched further and deeper and questioned my opinion. Turns out I was talking poop. I hadn’t done it on purpose. So I hung my head low apologised and admitted I was wrong. 

It happens to all of us, it’s not personal. ✌️

2 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Also yesterday I posted something that was misleading and factually incorrect, it was however my opinion at the time that I was correct due to my research and general knowledge. I probed other members of this forum to prove me wrong as I was so sure I hadn’t made a mistake. After three posters pointed out I was in fact talking poop,  I researched further and deeper and questioned my opinion. Turns out I was talking poop. I hadn’t done it on purpose. So I hung my head low apologised and admitted I was wrong. 

It happens to all of us, it’s not personal. ✌️

I’m not wrong though, but thanks 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Ignorance to what ? To someone saying the allocation of the Covid unit is full without stating it was only 8 beds? I’m absolutely astounded people can’t see it

Why would I put you on ignore. I’m not going to ignore you because you see something differently to me and most others in this case. Ignoring you will make no difference to me and is pointless. People disagree, it really doesn’t have to mean all that much.

Archived