Coronavirus

1of4

38 minutes ago, Norman said:

Got symptoms? Have a day off paid until the test comes. Have the next day off waiting for the results.

Or in our case - wait all week. Still no test results from my youngest's Monday morning test. And I've given up even attempting to get a test.

People here banging on about "knowing the symptoms" but half the problem is that the advice is far from clear. It suggests if you have ANY of the major symptoms then you could have it and need to get tested.

My youngest has a persistent cough (main symptom) and runny nose & nausea (secondary symptoms)

I have a persistent cough and loss of smell (main symptoms)

If you follow the 111 symptom checker it says we should get tested - but neither of us have a fever, or the general whacked-out flu thing that you'd expect.

What would you all do?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Or in our case - wait all week. Still no test results from my youngest's Monday morning test. And I've given up even attempting to get a test.

People here banging on about "knowing the symptoms" but half the problem is that the advice is far from clear. It suggests if you have ANY of the major symptoms then you could have it and need to get tested.

My youngest has a persistent cough (main symptom) and runny nose & nausea (secondary symptoms)

If you follow the 111 symptom checker it says we should get tested - but neither of us have a fever, or the general whacked-out flu thing that you'd expect.

What would you all do?

If you have any symptom you should get a test. You don't need all of them.

I have a mild cough, not persistent in my opinion, so I'm carrying on. Someone else may feel it's bad enough to warrant a test. 

News is definitely ramping up to an crescendo tonight/this weekend. 

Expect some national restrictions starting next week. 

31 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54194804

Visit your mates this weekend I can see us back in grounds soon.

Agreed. 

I'm getting increasingly anxious about the near future. The previous lockdown was horrible for me personally and as a single person, not being able to meet people outside your household and working from home is difficult (although at least comfortable with all sports channels..) 

4 hours ago, Norman said:

Got symptoms? Have a day off paid until the test comes. Have the next day off waiting for the results. 

Oh, what? You never had symptoms. Ah well. Let's moan about no tests being available. 

Don't know what the symptoms are after 6 months? 

Don't know where to get tested after 6 months? 

Pathetic. And you should be told you're pathetic. 

Norm for PM 

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

What would you all do?

Take a few weeks off the internet and rest up?

28 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

News is definitely ramping up to an crescendo tonight/this weekend. 

Expect some national restrictions starting next week. 

Agreed. 

I'm getting increasingly anxious about the near future. The previous lockdown was horrible for me personally and as a single person, not being able to meet people outside your household and working from home is difficult (although at least comfortable with all sports channels..) 

I thought people living by themselves can enter a support bubble - you can meet up with only 1 household. It must always be the same household though.

51 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I thought people living by themselves can enter a support bubble - you can meet up with only 1 household. It must always be the same household though.

I do live with other people, just not family hence the support bubble stuff isn't relevant to me unfortunately. 

I work and sleep in the same room (16h a day!) due to space issues and share my living room and kitchen with a couple of friends. I have a balcony for outdoor space.

I know other people have it worse than me with families in cramped flats, lost their jobs, or sick people to look after, dangerous jobs etc, however the change to my lifestyle was profound during the previous lockdown and return to being shut in does not sit well with me. 

I sound a bit spoiled seeing as there's people in worse positions here but as most people I'm just fed up with the idea of being shut in again wasting time and this is my rant. ?

My company are virtually ordering anyone who has a family member with a symptom to stay off until that member has tested negative or, if any symptom themselves to stay off until tested negative. 
They’ve briefed us today to ring for a test at 20.00 as that’s when  the allocation for next days tests are sorted.

The company believes this will shorten absence to stop people isolating for two weeks.

If they believe you haven’t done enough to get a test they will go through normal absence procedure rather than Covid procedure.

This is a business employing 20k + so a lot of potential testing there.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

My company are virtually ordering anyone who has a family member with a symptom to stay off until that member has tested negative or, if any symptom themselves to stay off until tested negative. 
They’ve briefed us today to ring for a test at 20.00 as that’s when  the allocation for next days tests are sorted.

The company believes this will shorten absence to stop people isolating for two weeks.

If they believe you haven’t done enough to get a test they will go through normal absence procedure rather than Covid procedure.

This is a business employing 20k + so a lot of potential testing there.

Does the company have it's own testing regime/process? If they are expecting you to follow the NHS/GOV form request then not only will you have a hard time getting a test slot - but then potentially at least a week to wait fo results

It's so crap - being able to easily access tests/results the only way we can keep schools, workplaces and ultimate;y society open

Still can't grasp why are so many of those who want to "get back to normal" aren't up in arms about this systemic failure and absolute inability to anticpate the blindingly obvious - but now seem to want to blame it on "too many people want testing unnecessarily" ?

16 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Does the company have it's own testing regime/process? If they are expecting you to follow the NHS/GOV form request then not only will you have a hard time getting a test slot - but then potentially at least a week to wait fo results

It's so crap - being able to easily access tests/results the only way we can keep schools, workplaces and ultimate;y society open

Still can't grasp why are so many of those who want to "get back to normal" aren't up in arms about this systemic failure and absolute inability to anticpate the blindingly obvious - but now seem to want to blame it on "too many people want testing unnecessarily" ?

No testing regime. There is a thermal camera you have to pass on the way in to detect anyone with a high temperature.

51 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

It’s both, terrible system and scared / stupid people. I blame the Government for the system and the MSM and gullible people for the latter.  The symptoms have been published and promoted for months now, if people don’t know them now then god help us. 

High temperature

A new continuous cough

A loss or change in your sense of smell or taste.

Archived