Coronavirus

1of4

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just listening to the daily briefing, did someone really just ask if the disproportionate effects of coronavirus on the BAME community is linked to racism? ???

Much of it may be down to population density, of course - and many minorities live in poorer areas which, by definition, tend to be inner cities and multiple occupancies - often multi-generational occupancies. Of course, it may well also be that the coronavirus attacks certain genetic traits. I'm not joking about it - I prefer to leave that to the clowns.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Much of it may be down to population density, of course - and many minorities live in poorer areas which, by definition, tend to be inner cities and multiple occupancies - often multi-generational occupancies. Of course, it may well also be that the coronavirus attacks certain genetic traits. I'm not joking about it - I prefer to leave that to the clowns.

No I dont think he was joking, I think he was being serious ?

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No I dont think he was joking, I think he was being serious ?

Well, if it does attack certain genetic traits, then Covid-19 could be considered to be as racist as the defective red blood cells that cause sickle-cell anemia.

Looking at the stats, it disproportionately affects men and old people.

So we have got a racist, sexist and ageist disease on our hands.

Surprised people dont want it renamed the Conservative virus.

Did a journalist really ask if building the Nightingale hospitals was a mistake?

I don’t know the tone to the question but it beggars belief if this was a question. It fuels tw@ts like Piers Morgan in the social media world as well. 

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Did a journalist really ask if building the Nightingale hospitals was a mistake?

I don’t know the tone to the question but it beggars belief if this was a question. It fuels tw@ts like Piers Morgan in the social media world as well. 

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well, well. 'Only' 80,000 tests today.

So the government over prepares with the Nightingale Hospitals and gets criticised.  They also get criticised for under testing.

Who'd be a politician ? 

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's as though there is no post on a Sunday, isn't it? 

Seriously though, we're supposed to be priority for tests, but nobody I work with has been tested. We have to book an appointment with the woeful occupational health, then choose a slot in Peterborough, and somehow get the time off to go even though we're in Gold Command and can't have annual leave and can't refuse overtime within reason.... And I don't have the childcare excuse. 

No wonder we can't reach capacity testing wise. This country is not in a lockdown like other countries. We have had 11 million going to work/working from home, when the likes of Italy and Spain were completely locked down. Probably nearer 15 million at the moment. Its finding the time. 

Testing kits sent to homes is the way forward. Pity people don't count them in their figures though. 

16 minutes ago, maxjam said:

So the government over prepares with the Nightingale Hospitals and gets criticised.  They also get criticised for under testing.

Who'd be a politician ? 

Any university grad too dumb to make it in the business world or profession s ?

11 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'm starting to think that some folk only watch the briefings so they can have a good bitch about them afterwards. Hard to know which is more tedious at this point.

Definitely the briefings. At least some bitching is amusing.

59 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Yes they did.

Too many ventilators will probably be their next line of attack.

Give it until June and they will probably be asking why we wasted so much money on gowns and masks!

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

So we've averaged 101,000 per day over the last 2 days, remarkable achievement ?

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I could have predicted who would be the first three who would respond to my flippant - if factual - remark.

Was I number 4? Didnt want to let you down!

Archived