Coronavirus

1of4

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

This is what they’re on about ordering...

I mean, what would you think if you walked into a sales office and that was sat the desk!?!?!???

0B895D8B-7B19-43ED-90A3-4CCB3DA72F9C.jpeg

I love it,I want to wear one to work.

Probably in a more neutral colour  though.

Don’t think she’ll sell many houses mind.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I know you can’t help lashing out sometimes B4 but, what exactly is wrong with the police advice regarding travel for exercise? It’s not an exact science but it is a reasonable guide to what is meant by staying local. Don’t drive for an hour or two for a half hour walk around a beauty spot but it’s OK to drive for ten minutes for an hours exercise in the countryside. It’s meant to prevent masses of people descending on the beaches, Snowdonia, Peak District etc. but at the same time allowing those living in built up areas to get out.

I was not lashing out just stateing a fact thats all.

41 minutes ago, curb said:

I didn’t mention the population of the world, and I did emphasise that my 50% was only as an example.

i don’t think you understood my post, If he’s saying that a percentage of the people tested have the virus can be extrapolated to the whole population of the county or state, then the people tested have to be random, not tested as we are testing, which is those in hospital and with symptoms, because it skews the figures. Ie more people are likely to die from a subset of the population that is hospitalised or showing symptoms than a subset of the population that aren’t hospitalised or showing symptoms.

I get what you are saying. There are superior ways to come up with estimations. But on smaller scales. For example methodology around demographics. But on smaller scales, such as Manhattan or New York state. Because we are still in the early stages, the intervals are too large and the statistics already show this. However what remains accurate is mortality rate. While the state of New York has had a higher number of mortalities, per capita, current data is also showing California's infection rate is almost half of NY state. 

What we will end up with is an infection mortality rate that doesn't differ significantly anywhere. 

Like i have said, this is the same process as with seasonal flu. Therefore you either change the process entirely or you stick to the same process as seasonal flu and other viral outbreaks. 

They discuss all of this ??

No offense, but I'm going to put my faith and belief in people like this who back everything up and are practicing doctors. 

My assumption is, that if you were to have been sat in this room with them and asked these questions, they would have given you the answers required, but you would not have been satisfied. 

As a side note, duck the young punks at YouTube and Twitter who keep removing and banning posts from, Dr's, Scientists, Bio companies, etc. This is absolutely disgusting. Some stupid young adult with a degree in media studies think they know better. 

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough although it did look like you were lashing out/criticising the government/police for their comments about travelling to get exercise.

I dont agree with everything but I know doing it for a reason but they are confusing people.

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I get what you are saying. There are superior ways to come up with estimations. But on smaller scales. For example methodology around demographics. But on smaller scales, such as Manhattan or New York state. Because we are still in the early stages, the intervals are too large and the statistics already show this. However what remains accurate is mortality rate. While the state of New York has had a higher number of mortalities, per capita, current data is also showing California's infection rate is almost half of NY state. 

What we will end up with is an infection mortality rate that doesn't differ significantly anywhere. 

Like i have said, this is the same process as with seasonal flu. Therefore you either change the process entirely or you stick to the same process as seasonal flu and other viral outbreaks. 

No offense, but I'm going to put my faith and belief in people like this who back everything up and are practicing doctors. 

My assumption is, that if you were to have been sat in this room with them and asked these questions, they would have given you the answers required, but you would not have been satisfied. 

As a side note, duck the young punks at YouTube and Twitter who keep removing and banning posts from, Dr's, Scientists, Bio companies, etc. This is absolutely disgusting. Some stupid young adult with a degree in media studies think they know better. 

Try this

if there are 100 people living in my street, and 3 are hospitalised with the virus, 5 have the symptoms and 2 work for the NHS, so 10 people are tested and one of the hospitalised patients dies.

of the 10 tested, 9 have the virus.

I can’t then say that means 90% of the street has the virus but only one has died (which is what they’re trying to say) because the people being tested are the ones most likely to have it.

Try this for an analysis;

1 hour ago, curb said:

Try this

if there are 100 people living in my street, and 3 are hospitalised with the virus, 5 have the symptoms and 2 work for the NHS, so 10 people are tested and one of the hospitalised patients dies.

of the 10 tested, 9 have the virus.

I can’t then say that means 90% of the street has the virus but only one has died (which is what they’re trying to say) because the people being tested are the ones most likely to have it.

Try this for an analysis;

Just going round in circles. I understand ?

Edit: would also be interesting to see when they produced this, not posted the video. As more and more information is showing, this is in fact comparable to seasonal flu.  

That video is politics laced with some facts. Unbelievable. ??

2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

You are so so right , there are well qualified people out there who s opinion varies from the official stick to line who are being treated as if they are some kind of conspiracy theory loons spouting rubbish with no knowledge , experience or education and having anything they say totaly vanished ,,,now however you slice it that’s not clever

43 minutes ago, Archied said:

You are so so right , there are well qualified people out there who s opinion varies from the official stick to line who are being treated as if they are some kind of conspiracy theory loons spouting rubbish with no knowledge , experience or education and having anything they say totaly vanished ,,,now however you slice it that’s not clever

An interesting quote i heard the other day. It might have even been Joe Rogan. That the kind of discussion and interview that takes place in a podcast that is 1-3 hours long, is one of truth.

Whether the person is in fact wrong, they are being truthful and the very next guest can be someone with a different background, who's conclusions are different. But both are heard and both will make many points that are indeed accurate. 

52 minutes ago, Archied said:

There is a reason that the likes of Piers Morgan can only attract about 3 types of people to GMB..

1. Politicians because it's their duty to face questions. (Even though i think they need to get with the times and ditch those type of cesspits.)

2. Former politicians or party political journalists who are going on there to make a bit of cash and raise their profile among their peers. 

3. Someone who has done something charitable or shown a nicer side of humanity. Who was bombarded by bookers until they decided to go on the show.

I'm close to done with the mainstream media. Shame, as there are some who still uphold high standards. But they should just make the jump to independency. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

An interesting quote i heard the other day. It might have even been Joe Rogan. That the kind of discussion and interview that takes place in a podcast that is 1-3 hours long, is one of truth.

Whether the person is in fact wrong, they are being truthful and the very next guest can be someone with a different background, who's conclusions are different. But both are heard and both will make many points that are indeed accurate. 

Are you talking about David Icke's podcast?

19 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Some lessons here.  Germany are often cited as a great example but there’s a warning about going too soon.  We all want some sort of lifting of restrictions but go too soon and it may be a case of starting again.  This is a bit like doing DIY - measure twice, cut once!!

Archived