v Hull City (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney then makes a mistake and Hull attack. Wisdom booked for a clattering late challenge in the build up, Hull only created a wild long range shot from the move. 

Weak shot from Hull rolls wide.

I do kind of like Cocu's attitude towards substitutions but is a little jarring, having someone who differs so much from the norm.  Seems very weird not to have made a sub 87 minutes in but no-ones flagging, the energy and commitment is still there - I can understand the perspective he has. 

It does enforce some rotation from game-to-game though I imagine. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I do kind of like Cocu's attitude towards substitutions but is a little jarring, having someone who differs from the norm.  Seems very weird not to have made a sub 87 minutes in but no-ones flagging, the energy and commitment is still there - I can understand the perspective he has. 

Use all 3 in injury time waste it

Just now, SaintRam said:

I do kind of like Cocu's attitude towards substitutions but is a little jarring, having someone who differs from the norm.  Seems very weird not to have made a sub 87 minutes in but no-ones flagging, the energy and commitment is still there.

Was just thinking the same. We’re on top so he doesn’t want to upset the balance. Not sure who I’d take off. Maybe Waghorn, but him and Knight are putting themselves about. It’s making the difference. 

Just now, cosmic said:

Was just thinking the same. We’re on top so he doesn’t want to upset the balance. Not sure who I’d take off. Maybe Waghorn, but him and Knight are putting themselves about. It’s making the difference. 

Derby fans know all too well the folly of making changes for the sake of it. ? 

I do kind of like Cocu's attitude towards substitutions but is a little jarring, having someone who differs so much from the norm.  Seems very weird not to have made a sub 87 minutes in but no-ones flagging, the energy and commitment is still there - I can understand the perspective he has. 

Never liked subs for the sake of making them, which seems to happen a lot. Cocu is so far the other way it really does just feel a bit weird ?

I do kind of like Cocu's attitude towards substitutions but is a little jarring, having someone who differs from the norm.  Seems very weird not to have made a sub 87 minutes in but no-ones flagging, the energy and commitment is still there.

Was just going to comment on this. Seems weird not to have brought anyone on. I'm surprised neither Davies nor Bird have made an appearance to add to some late solidity but withdraw 10 yards inviting pressure. PSV fans suggested that was often the way of seeing out games. Fine if it works. But good to know fitness/energy levels seem decent.

Archived