v Hull City (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I obviously missed out the part praising the Rams for their performance.

Holmes, Wisdom, Lowe, Clarke, Waghorn all excellent in different ways.

Lawrence, Hamer, Bogle, Hudds, Knight all performed well too.

Rooney, on the other hand, can do one.

I got a bottle of Hine Cognac for Xmas and swore I wouldn't open it till he scored, yet he keeps slipping in others instead of shooting!

Any ideas why I'd be justified opening it now gratefully received?

Six games undefeated. Rooney would give you the go ahead.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved that - battling win against good opposition. Finally Wisdom arrives at centre back, big fan of Curtis the man, but that injected some energy and forward movement (and I worried less about Bogle). 

Good floated corner by Lawrence for the goal. Trying to give him his due. Holmes outstanding, he's looked a different player since Charlton, positive and finding space throughout. Waghorn much improved today as well. Knight's forward movement makes our front 4 look much more threatening (so close to a goal in the first half - excellent save). Big game from Lowe against Bowen. Great centre back's header from Clarke. Rooney may not be showboating but clever touches.

We're not a great side, but we're showing great attitude and improving. 7 from the academy in the team/bench today - Bogle/Lowe/Hudds/Knight/Bird/Sibley/Whittaker. Shinnie and Marriott will improve the squad when they return shortly. Happy Ram tonight.  

Another encouraging win, and especially pleasing after the week we have had.

Three straight wins at home and six unbeaten in all competitions is a really nice response from the players, helping to alleviate the pressure Cocu was facing towards the end of 2019.

4-6 points from Luton away and Stoke at home and safely negotiating the cup tie next weekend and the boys can look back on a job well done. 

However the real test for us is February through to the end of April. It looks like a very difficult run of games, especially so if the threat of a points deduction still looms over us.

We can only hope we can use this unbeaten run as a platform to finish the season positively. With the potential points deduction, survival will be a job well done. Without it, we surely have to be looking at breaking into the top half - the gap is now down to two points.

Just now, Jourdan said:

If we don't receive a points deduction, yes.

It just seems like such a crap target. Do you really think that's the best we can achieve? Catching Hull?

I know a few posters have said there's zero chance of playoffs and I do understand why they say that even if I don't agree but just hoping to gain a couple of points on Hull is just depressing. We're not even losing games! Yet. Give it a month or two man!

15 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

It just seems like such a crap target. Do you really think that's the best we can achieve? Catching Hull?

I know a few posters have said there's zero chance of playoffs and I do understand why they say that even if I don't agree but just hoping to gain a couple of points on Hull is just depressing. We're not even losing games! Yet. Give it a month or two man!

Considering everything the club has gone through this season, some might say a top half finish is an achievement.

With 18 games left, anything is possible, but we would have to produce something very special. When you consider that we have won 1 game in 13 away from home in the league, it is a big ask to find the kind of consistency required.

Like I said, the run we are on is encouraging, but February through to April present much bigger challenges.

Let's see how we do. It would be a turnaround for the ages if we got into the play-offs from here.

We looked dead and buried before that rousing performance v Charlton at home.

Great battling win, but toothless and creative less in the final third. We are crying out for a attacker/centre forward who can make things happen/score goals  

Not a great game.

pleased to see us finally try Andre wisdom at centre back.

It seems crazy that we hadn’t tried him or Evans before going for yet another loanee. He did well, although hull only played with one up front, and their lone striker was just a big lump.

Another decent performance from knight. Not much else to really get excited about.

hull seem to developing a decent young team on the quiet. The left back was strong. The four in midfield were energetic and mobile. They faded once josh bowler was subbed. 

most of the rest is already half forgotten.

all that really mattered was the destination of the three points, ???

Archived