v Hull City (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Absolutely delighted to get the points today the more daylight we have between the bottom 3 and us the better but Jesus Christ our decision making in the final Third is nothing short of ineptly awful 

bogle and lowe I seriously wander at times if they have aubergines for brains 

decision making From the two full backs with the ball today was utterly shocking, either over running it or  dire crossing caused so many move to break down 

young lads and to be expected and forgiven but in bogles case it feels like a regression on last year 

thought wisdom was excellent, one little lapse that let them in ... again in possession .. we seem to be the creators of our own problems but he was excellent in the main both on and off the ball 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I obviously missed out the part praising the Rams for their performance.

Holmes, Wisdom, Lowe, Clarke, Waghorn all excellent in different ways.

Lawrence, Hamer, Bogle, Hudds, Knight all performed well too.

Rooney, on the other hand, can do one.

I got a bottle of Hine Cognac for Xmas and swore I wouldn't open it till he scored, yet he keeps slipping in others instead of shooting!

Any ideas why I'd be justified opening it now gratefully received?

...because you can. 

Generally very poor offensively - wasn’t sure if and how we’d score. One lovely early move ending with Knights shot but that was the only good thing from open play for me.

Defensively solid - kept their threats out helped by them being poor (One Clarke error aside).

Still think we need two up and Rooney slightly deeper. Pleased to see Hudds in - yes he makes the odd mistake by over complicating but he has an excellent vision.

Also - Bogle and Lowe, but Bogle especially - you don’t need to take the world on!!

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I do maintain that Cocu could and should have been doing better and it's down to his management.

OK, granted, Clarke has made a difference. But of course he is going to. He is a natural centre back. Cocu was choosing to play a left back in Forsyth at centre back even when he had Wisdom available. How do you explain that and countless other strange decisions over recent months?

Besides Clarke, I'm not sure you can say it's the returning players who have inspired this jolt in form. During the recent good form, our standout players have been Wisdom, Lowe, Holmes, Knight, Bird, Davies and Waghorn. All players who have been fit and available for some time. It has just been a question of whether Cocu would pick them, play them in their best position, and let the team settle.

Considering Hull are the best side we have played in this spell in terms of league position, you'll probably find we have benefitted from a favourable run of fixtures and the players took heart from the performance vs Charlton - our best of the season - and ran with it.

At the end of the day, Cocu deserves credit for the brief turnaround. The real credit will come if and when he can maintain it. Let's be fair, we haven't proven anything yet. We could easily revert back to being poor in the spring.

You've over-analysed quite a light-hearted post there! Been drinking so the finer points of the argument are a bit beyond me at the minute ?

Suffice to say there were some posts which absolutely refused to make any allowance for any situation faced by Cofu for any poor form and some which discredited the influence of Cocu when considering any of the positives.

There's a level of hypocrisy at play here that some are trying to wriggle their way out of.

It could all still go to poo, but the accusation that anyone looking on the bright side was 'sleepwalking into relegation' has proven to be a bit far fetched.

59 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He didn't get chance to shine but rather than force it with greedy dribbling I thought he put in a mature performance. A quiet game but a useful one. 

And didn't he technically create the only goal in the game?

Exactly that

Thought he worked really hard alongside Lowe to stop Bowen. Just added to my suspicions that Ramage doesn’t watch the same games that I do

Also...I guess Bielik would have gone to centre back instead of Wisdom today?

Hope Andre takes his chance now, it’ll do his career wonders to get settled in the first 11. Great footballer, consistent and universally liked, just needs to get himself playing more regularly 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I obviously missed out the part praising the Rams for their performance.

Holmes, Wisdom, Lowe, Clarke, Waghorn all excellent in different ways.

Lawrence, Hamer, Bogle, Hudds, Knight all performed well too.

Rooney, on the other hand, can do one.

I got a bottle of Hine Cognac for Xmas and swore I wouldn't open it till he scored, yet he keeps slipping in others instead of shooting!

Any ideas why I'd be justified opening it now gratefully received?

Save it until next week - I'll predict someone else as my FRGS and you'll be fine. 

Hamer - kicking was a bit off but he poops me up much less than Roos

Bogle - not his best game but at least he tries to be brave 

Wisdom - I thought he looked very natural and was very good on the ball. 

Clarke - sound and prob mom

Max - sound but not quite the Roberto Carlos performance of a few weeks ago

Hudds - hmm. 

Rooney - not great but does his thing - looked tubby

Holmes - busy busy. Really good player. 

Lawro - did he play...?

Wags - grafted but as a few have said, cannot play on his own up front

Knight - angry grafter. Really like him  

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Generally very poor offensively - wasn’t sure if and how we’d score. One lovely early move ending with Knights shot but that was the only good thing from open play for me.

Defensively solid - kept their threats out helped by them being poor (One Clarke error aside).

Still think we need two up and Rooney slightly deeper. Pleased to see Hudds in - yes he makes the odd mistake by over complicating but he has an excellent vision.

Also - Bogle and Lowe, but Bogle especially - you don’t need to take the world on!!

As Iv already said offensively and in possession I thought the two full backs were absolutely dire 

they’re young lads, we forgive obviously and hopefully they learn and evolve but what worries me ever so slightly is that cheapness with the ball is not isolated to today.

in bogles case it feels like a regression on last year .. I suspect cos of the slower build up that requires more precision, with lowe it feels like an over exuberance where he just needs to bring that over excitement down a notch for a level of calmness.. but that comes with experience and more than anything time 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Mate was telling me Tom Lawrence was having verbals with fans. Anyone see this. Apparently happened twice in the west stand 

I noticed that during the goal celebrations. In his defence, there was an audible groan when his corner floated in and 1 second before Clark scored. I think he must have felt like saying 'that's how much you lot know about football' .

Lawrence wasn't great today, not many were. But, I felt he put a shift in tracking back, putting blocks in, even winning a defensive header in our box and another one in the centre at the risk of a flying boot. 

It can't help when fans get on his back, when he's setting up the winner. 

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I noticed that during the goal celebrations. In his defence, there was an audible groan when his corner floated in and 1 second before Clark scored. I think he must have felt like saying 'that's how much you lot know about football' .

Lawrence wasn't great today, not many were. But, I felt he put a shift in tracking back, putting blocks in, even winning a defensive header in our box and another one in the centre at the risk of a flying boot. 

It can't help when fans get on his back, when he's setting up the winner. 

It’s because Radio Derby spend 15 minutes after the match slaughtering him in particular once again. It perpetuates the anti-Lawrence vitriol. Seriously, duck Craig Ramage. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

It’s because Radio Derby spend 15 minutes after the match slaughtering him in particular once again. It perpetuates the anti-Lawrence vitriol. Seriously, duck Craig Ramage. 

Ramage really is in his element. He also couldn't wait to hammer Holmes. Something along the line of "did he play well though? Only 1 goal and 1 assist this season"

Mouth piece of the fans? No chance.

9 minutes ago, KBB said:

Ramage really is in his element. He also couldn't wait to hammer Holmes. Something along the line of "did he play well though? Only 1 goal and 1 assist this season"

Mouth piece of the fans? No chance.

He is overly emotional. One minute he'll be down due to the performance and start digging in then when we score he's like "I TOLD YA, I TOLD YA WE'D DO IT."

5 minutes ago, adamscybot said:

He is overly emotional. One minute he'll be down due to the performance and start digging in then when we score he's like "I TOLD YA, I TOLD YA WE'D DO IT."

Then goes on a 5 minute rant about how a player we are linked with is useless despite not knowing his name or ever having seen him play. 

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Ramage is normally pathetic and crass - today post match he was even worse.

It’s all relative though isn’t it?? BBC national radio (5live) have the budget to pay for the best, BBC local radio (radio Derby) have a few quid spare in the petty cash budget so have to recruit accordingly. No ones fault just that you get what you pay for ?? We need to factor this fact in when we take on board what is being said ?

24 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You've over-analysed quite a light-hearted post there! Been drinking so the finer points of the argument are a bit beyond me at the minute ?

Suffice to say there were some posts which absolutely refused to make any allowance for any situation faced by Cofu for any poor form and some which discredited the influence of Cocu when considering any of the positives.

There's a level of hypocrisy at play here that some are trying to wriggle their way out of.

It could all still go to poo, but the accusation that anyone looking on the bright side was 'sleepwalking into relegation' has proven to be a bit far fetched. think I ever said we were sleepwalking into relegation.

Where is the hypocrisy?

Of course I am happy to see the team do well and to see Cocu and the boys prosper. Isn’t that what we all want?

Do I think Cocu is the right man for the job? I don’t. But if he continues to prove me wrong, fantastic.

I think it’s perfectly natural that some fans were worried about relegation. Before the Charlton game, we looked hugely devoid of desire and hunger. That game and the unique circumstances we found ourselves in seems to have lit a fire under us.

Where relegation is concerned, personally I won’t rest easy. I don’t think we are out of the woods yet unless our away form improves.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Where is the hypocrisy?

Of course I am happy to see the team do well and to see Cocu and the boys prosper. Isn’t that what we all want?

Do I think Cocu is the right man for the job? I don’t. But if he continues to prove me wrong, fantastic.

I think it’s perfectly natural that some fans were worried about relegation. Before the Charlton game, we looked hugely devoid of desire and hunger. That game and the unique circumstances we found ourselves in seems to have lit a fire under us.

Where relegation is concerned, personally I won’t rest easy. I don’t think we are out of the woods yet unless our away form improves.

Totally agree 

Archived