The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

Really is bizarre that you can go to a supermarket but not sit by a river miles from anyone.

If papers are to believe golf/fishing wont be allowed until phase 3, whereas high streets and outdoor markets will be permitted from phase 1. Absolutely no logic to it at all.

The other thread has been locked because of the usual rubbish, so I can't address @G STAR RAM's query, but there is most definitely logic to it.

It's close season on all rivers in the UK until June 16th.

Edit: Now I'm confused.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully believe that a fullish lock down announced on day one with tha addition that there are so many complications that the government will be looking at areas as they come up in terms of making decisions and adjusting as we go along would have been right course and taken out all this comparative non logical stuff whilst also doing away with this stupid idea of some big party day lockdown release,

lets be honest our world, activities and lives are so diverse that it’s impossible to to think of everything off the bat and get it right 

nope lock down fully from day one but be looking at all areas from that point on

A rogue moderator believed there was a cap on the number of posts per topic so locked it. I’ve given him a talking to and made it clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

21 minutes ago, David said:

A rogue moderator believed there was a cap on the number of posts per topic so locked it. I’ve given him a talking to and made it clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

Sorry. 

Up until now I’ve been generally defensive of the government’s handling of the crisis given what a challenging and unprecedented time it’s been but, it will be interesting to hear why they’re only now (well, not for another three weeks) proposing to enforce two weeks quarantine for anyone arriving into the UK including returning residents (if reports on the BBC are correct). Maybe they’ve decided the current measures aren’t effective enough after all.

Almost feels like rearrange these words to form a well known phrase: horse, bolted, barn, door, locked, after.

Archived