The Politics Thread 2020

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I see nothing has been posted in regards to Arron Banks, the biggest backer of Brexit. £8m odd, almost as much as the other top 20 combined.

Awfully silent..

He does have a dirty habit of setting libel lawyers on journalists he doesn't like. Not that it stops them from researching though.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/support-me-against-arron-banks/

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

He does have a dirty habit of setting libel lawyers on journalists he doesn't like. Not that it stops them from researching though.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/support-me-against-arron-banks/

Anything about: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-52478574

And what happens if he wins this case too?

5 hours ago, GboroRam said:

2000 people in our factory. You can close lines, but it's impossible to run with everyone 2m apart in my opinion. 

Masks are not permitted as the risk is that breath condensation will contaminate the product. 

Visors?

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Just putting the 100,000 tests a day into context - if that rate continues, it will take just under 2 years to test everyone in the UK once.

A very sobering thought. 

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Just putting the 100,000 tests a day into context - if that rate continues, it will take just under 2 years to test everyone in the UK once.

But the majority of the tests only tell you if you have got the virus not if you have had it or if you caught it 10 minutes after you had the test. A good reliable antibody test is much better moving forward.

48 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

But the majority of the tests only tell you if you have got the virus not if you have had it or if you caught it 10 minutes after you had the test. A good reliable antibody test is much better moving forward.

Isnt knowing who has got it to the new test, track, trace (or whatever it is called) app?

9 hours ago, TramRam said:

Double standards here me thinks, All against the lockdown but wearing masks...unbelievable.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-politicians-in-bulletproof-vests-as-protesters-with-rifles-enter-state-capitol-11981694

What are the numpties taking their rifles for? Are they going to shoot the coronavirus?

(Looks to right of stage)

Actually that is something we could research. We have seen how these rifles kill everything in one second, so maybe if we could find a way of getting these bullets into peoples bodies, either with the bleach, or just by shooting them, that is definitely something worth looking at.

DISCLAMER: I was not advocating everyone shooting themselves to try and kill the coronavirus.

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Brexit spurred Emma Thompson to leave U.K. and become Italian citizen ( returned to Scotland quick smart for lock down ) 

now try to convince yourself there’s a case for remain 

Emma Thompson.. that's ruined my day. Thought she'd gone for good. I'll have a quick look to see what she's been whingeing about since she got back.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Brexit spurred Emma Thompson to leave U.K. and become Italian citizen ( returned to Scotland quick smart for lock down ) 

Italy was a bit too lock downy for her. I'm just  pleased the UK was good enough for her in her hour of need

11 hours ago, Archied said:

Typical hypocritical leftie

11 hours ago, Archied said:

Hang on, She remained there for 4 days, Not staying in her mansion in Hertfordshire, Stopping at her mums, She might be convinced Scotland will be set free.

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because the right absolutely has none of them. 

In other news, I am pleased to announce that I hit my target of dating 100,000 women in April*.

*this number includes women I asked out that haven't responded yet. 

?

Archived