The Politics Thread 2020

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I'm unable really to see much other than opinion, backed up by unidentified studies by other people. He may be right (I don't believe he is by the way), but that article doesn't tell me anything. 

The emphasis isn't on me to google it and make up my mind if the unsubstantiated claims have merit. You're allowed to believe what you want, of course - but if you expect other people to believe it, the emphasis is on you to show why. 

I'm not suggesting that there is no health impact of mobile phone use. I'm sure there's some. But is it large enough to warrant smashing up masts and blaming viruses on it? No, I don't think it is. And unless someone has something tangible to show me it is, I remain unconvinced.

Read my post edit , I don’t believe for one minute that it’s anything to do with corona virus and have never given I even the slightest nod that smashing up or burning masts was warranted so I’m a bit lost at where your heading with that unless it’s that old far left trick of ,well you know

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Archied said:

Read my post edit , I don’t believe for one minute that it’s anything to do with corona virus and have never given I even the slightest nod that smashing up or burning masts was warranted so I’m a bit lost at where your heading with that unless it’s that old far left trick of ,well you know

I'm not suggesting you do. But these theories are given air, which ignites the spark. Look at Andrew Wakefield. I personally was in favour of breaking the 3 vaccines into single application vaccines administered separately, until further trials and data could show the safety of MMR. Other people decided that vaccines are much more sinister. But the damage Wakefield did was done - vaccine use is falling due to suspicion of their safety. And is this based on scientific understanding, or on falsehoods started by the likes of Wakefield? I fell for the quack science that Wakefield peddled, and a lot of other people did. My reaction was different to those people who pulled their children out from vaccination programs - but I was as much a part of the problem as they were. 

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not suggesting you do. But these theories are given air, which ignites the spark. Look at Andrew Wakefield. I personally was in favour of breaking the 3 vaccines into single application vaccines administered separately, until further trials and data could show the safety of MMR. Other people decided that vaccines are much more sinister. But the damage Wakefield did was done - vaccine use is falling due to suspicion of their safety. And is this based on scientific understanding, or on falsehoods started by the likes of Wakefield? I fell for the quack science that Wakefield peddled, and a lot of other people did. My reaction was different to those people who pulled their children out from vaccination programs - but I was as much a part of the problem as they were. 

You are never going to get everything right ,does that mean that you never question anything again? 

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Just to clarify you are 100% comfortable that 5g has been researched enough and is totaly harmless?

now we ve  established we are not talking about some conspiracy theory that corona virus is 5g

Just now, Archied said:

Just to clarify you are 100% comfortable that 5g has been researched enough and is totaly harmless?

now we ve  established we are not talking about some conspiracy theory that corona virus is 5g

No, I'm not. But I'm also not convinced that there's been anything to make me think it isn't. I will continue to believe the consensus of the experts, who say that 5G is not dangerous, unless peer reviewed evidence is presented that other experts cannot dispute. Otherwise you'll just end up having your fillings drilled out.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

No, I'm not. But I'm also not convinced that there's been anything to make me think it isn't. I will continue to believe the consensus of the experts, who say that 5G is not dangerous, unless peer reviewed evidence is presented that other experts cannot dispute. Otherwise you'll just end up having your fillings drilled out.

Pretty fair answer 

Just now, Archied said:

Not got a clue , never been grabbed by the subject enough to try to find out ,,,, have you and are they?

I would imagine they are safe, as none of the experts in the area of dentistry are suggesting they cause coronavirus, autism, tumours or any other sickness. But didn't the bloke that "what's the frequency Kenneth" is about believe that the FBI were listening in to his conversations through secret frequencies in his fillings? He's widely considered insane. But he's got a viewpoint, the experts have a different on. By saying "do you just accept everything?", effectively you are giving this guy support in his beliefs. Because he just thinks he's right and all the experts are wrong - and the rest of us sheep don't question enough.

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/we-have-no-reason-to-believe-5g-is-safe/

now in the spirit of giving you the benefit of doubt that you are being genuine rather than just being a bit of a ,,,,,,,,ive taken two minutes to google something as I’m not really one to copy and paste or note every page I might happen on when looking round the net in case I have to sit an exam , there appears to be loads out there google it and make your own mind up ,,or not if that’s more your thing,

personally switch off if 5g is claimed to be the cause of or hidden behind corona virus but that headline grabbing claim prompted a bit of looking at the5 g argument 

Hope that’s ok with you ghosty 

I actually found it to be a good read to be honest, but seems to be more interested in setting a 'safe limit' of exposure to 'mobile radiation' rather than a blanket '5G is bad' sort of view. We already have safe limits of exposure to UV and x-rays, so doesn't sound too ludicrous. I'll have a proper look in to the claims later tonight when I have more time.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Perhaps because that’s not my intention? Perhaps because I don’t fool myself that I know enough on the subject ?perhaps I’ve just read and heard enough to ask questions ?

are you picking up the difference ,prob not,ho hum 

I've always found BBC Reality Check a good source. This is 5G but not about coronavirus.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48616174

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So do you think the WHO have done well with this virus?

Im not sure as I've not seen the facts, but that doesnt give the us federal gov an excuse to use it as a scapegoat for the whole crisis in their country. 

7 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Im not sure as I've not seen the facts, but that doesnt give the us federal gov an excuse to use it as a scapegoat for the whole crisis in their country. 

An organisation that they fund hundreds of millions of pounds each year, failed to take stringent measures that could have stopped the transmission of the virus around the world, I think I can understand why they are annoyed with them.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I actually found it to be a good read to be honest, but seems to be more interested in setting a 'safe limit' of exposure to 'mobile radiation' rather than a blanket '5G is bad' sort of view. We already have safe limits of exposure to UV and x-rays, so doesn't sound too ludicrous. I'll have a proper look in to the claims later tonight when I have more time.

Well you give the impression that you are far more familiar with the subject than I am ,be interested to know what you think , 

Archived