Remember when

dog

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when you sat with your Spectrum/Commodore 64, waiting for your game to load off cassette tape, marveling at the picture that was displayed during the load, and the excitement after 5 minutes when it had loaded. Nowadays you put your disc in as Playstation etc and if the game is not up and running within 5 seconds you are about tipping the table over through frustration.

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Remember when you sat with your Spectrum/Commodore 64, waiting for your game to load off cassette tape, marveling at the picture that was displayed during the load, and the excitement after 5 minutes when it had loaded. Nowadays you put your disc in as Playstation etc and if the game is not up and running within 5 seconds you are about tipping the table over through frustration.

Remember when you accidentally pulled the power lead out after spending most of the day typing in a magazine listing...and not saving part way through? Yep....meeeeee!

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

And getting to the end of a long loading game only to have it crash, tweaking the volume on the cassette recorder and hoping it worked next time...

10 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Remember when you accidentally pulled the power lead out after spending most of the day typing in a magazine listing...and not saving part way through? Yep....meeeeee!

Half the time they didn't work anyway.

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Shout out for the humble acorn electron, plugged into a black and white tele with a knob to tune it in (but no arial, so it didn’t really matter). 

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Shout out for the humble acorn electron, plugged into a black and white tele with a knob to tune it in (but no arial, so it didn’t really matter). 

Yeah had one of them too.  Showing my Age proper now but had a game for that called Mexico 86 Spent so many happy hours on that.

10 minutes ago, TimRam said:

The Electron should have been a massive hit but for xmas delivery problems if memory serves me correct. Along with the 'Beeb' it did have the best home computer Basic though.

I wrote quite a few of my own games and stuff on the Electron, yeah it was better than the spectrum etc.

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I wrote quite a few of my own games and stuff on the Electron, yeah it was better than the spectrum etc.

Shame both machines only had 32k...that was their weakness I think. For learning how to program though they were great. Got me a career.

3 hours ago, TimRam said:

Shame both machines only had 32k...that was their weakness I think. For learning how to program though they were great. Got me a career.

And me , eventually.

Archived