Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

9 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

This is the worst line up I've seen at Derby for a very long time. 

Josefzoon - poo.

Paterson - poo.

Lowe at RB - poo.

Huddlestone - slowest player in the league 

Martin - played well against Leeds for 10 mins but otherwise I'd have just said poo.

Davies - can he do much at 34? We'll see.

Where's Shinnie? What has Marriott done wrong? Get Bogle back in. 

Hope im proved wrong though.

So much for David’s prediction. 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Also, "Where's Shinnie?" - despite him clearly being on the bench.

Must admit, im disappointed he's not in for Malone. 

I dont think Malone should be in the squad today, and if Bogle was fit he probably wouldnt be. 

1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

If we get a win today, I'll happily put my hand up and say i was wrong. We all want the same result. I just can't see much quality in this side.

Why not happily give the players a chance? It’s been a difficult week, the reaction could surprise you and see one of the best performances which you could enjoy without having to hold your hand up to anything. 

We shouldn’t be turning our nose up at players like Paterson etc. These are the type of ‘out of favour’ decent players with somethin to prove that Clough put together when creating the most exciting squad we’ve had in a decade. 

Dread to think how our fans would react to a Jamie Ward/John Eustace signing these days 

Just now, David said:

Why not happily give the players a chance? It’s been a difficult week, the reaction could surprise you and see one of the best performances which you could enjoy without having to hold your hand up to anything. 

The ‘hope I’m proved wrong’ types aren’t ever going to give the players a chance. 

Who's going to feed off Martin? I hope Zoon proves me wrong but I have never seen why he gets picked. I get the feeling our managers have never felt comfortable with 2 up front because of leaving midfield short, so why not play 3-5-2 then?

3 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Jo Zoon... No idea how he gets in, decent XI otherwise. 

Probably because both of his primary competition crashed their cars while drunk during the week ? 

Can't think of anyone else who could play instead of him, who didn't play for the U23s against Monaco.

Re:Zoon 

Said in the Leeds thread that he’s a player to me who’s severely lacking confidence. He actually got in some good positions but like others he couldn’t convert what he was trying to do. I’ve not been his biggest fan but now is as good a chance of any to take his opportunity because he’s finally going to get a decent run of games. 

Archived