Turn off that Engine!

Dave knappett

2 minutes ago, Taffram said:

Well Dave let me update you and everyone what I have been up to with regards this topic. I have written to the EFL, Premier League and Derby County about the issue of team buses leaving their engines running when parked up outside grounds. The EFL got back to me within the day saying they are currently developing a Green Strategy and have passed my message and concerns on to the strategy working group. Derby County got back to me within minutes saying they will make sure the Bristol City team bus turns the engine off next Tuesday night - if anyone is going to the game perhaps you could keep an eye on this to see if it happens; and future away team buses. I also asked that the Rams team  bus turn the engine off whilst parked up at Stoke this Saturday and at all future away games. The club have not yet responded to  this request. I am waiting for a reply from the Premier League. 

This is a very real health and  environmental issue and I urge fellow Rams fans to join the TOTE campaign - Turn Off That Engine.

Any chance you could sort out the UK's future relationship with the EU next? Ta, from all of us.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on that one. Plan is to bring in that bloke from Poldark to lead an emergency government once BJ is ousted before Christmas. Apparently, the Poldark guy can do no wrong with the ladies and since the new head of the EU is female he'll be able to get any bloody deal he wants through Parliament. Job done.

On 15/08/2019 at 10:23, Dave knappett said:

Is it just me or has anyone else noted the fact that when the away team coach parks up at Pride Park it leaves its diesel engine running for the entirety of the afternoon! That is to say, it arrives 90 minutes before kick off, stays the whole match and possibly for a couple of hours post match WITH ITS ENGINE RUNNING THE WHOLE TIME!! Sometimes the driver is present, sometimes not. Whatever, the engine is left running. I have noticed this each time I have gone to watch the Rams. Can this be looked into and sorted as the pollution and health hazard it represents should and must be stopped NOW. Thanks for listening and let me know what you think or have noticed yourself. Dave the Kay.

Good post. This needs to be escalated right up to chairman level. If it's for refrigeration purposes, the goods could be taken from the vehicle on refrigerated trolleys and then plugged into the mains at the ground. Otherwise a mains supply with voltage converter could be provided by DCFC directly to the vehicle. 

2 hours ago, Taffram said:

Well Dave let me update you and everyone what I have been up to with regards this topic. I have written to the EFL, Premier League and Derby County about the issue of team buses leaving their engines running when parked up outside grounds. The EFL got back to me within the day saying they are currently developing a Green Strategy and have passed my message and concerns on to the strategy working group. Derby County got back to me within minutes saying they will make sure the Bristol City team bus turns the engine off next Tuesday night - if anyone is going to the game perhaps you could keep an eye on this to see if it happens; and future away team buses. I also asked that the Rams team  bus turn the engine off whilst parked up at Stoke this Saturday and at all future away games. The club have not yet responded to  this request. I am waiting for a reply from the Premier League. 

This is a very real health and  environmental issue and I urge fellow Rams fans to join the TOTE campaign - Turn Off That Engine.

Well done for doing something about it. 

3 hours ago, Taffram said:

Very uplifting to hear that responsible, enthusiastic individuals can make a difference. Well done !!

13 hours ago, Taffram said:

Well done!

On the same topic this morning there is very good article in The Times  (sorry can't post it here behind Wheeler's wall) about football authorities especially UEFA and FIFA not giving a hoot about carbon footprint of their repective competition.

It cites this week's supercup between 2 English clubs played in Turkey 4 hour flight. Last CL final 2 English teams played in Madrid, Europa league 2 London teams played in Baku (Azerbaidjan). Going forward Euro 2020 will be played across Europe, WC 2026 will be played across Canada, US and Mexico.

It then rubishes the idea that planning of European finals needs to be made well in advance not knowing the finalist. The last final of Copa Libertadores  was moved from Buesnos Aires to the Bernabeu with 2 weeks notice. Mind you that was a bit of trek as well (!)

I think football in general with its high profile, money etc... is going to be under more scrutiny going forward when it comes to its impact on the environment.

Sith Happens
16 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Any chance you could sort out the UK's future relationship with the EU next? Ta, from all of us.

Well he has solved climate change,  eradicated hunger, given us world peace, even got jeremy kyle off the tele. But sort out the eu? Hes not a miracle worker you know.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Shouldn't this be moved to the 'de kroeg' along with politics and non football topics.

Dcfcfans is starting to read like the guardian lately.

I'm against moving it, particularly as we haven't yet discussed Chris Martin and George Thorne's potential new roles as club climate change ambassadors ?

Archived