Anyone going to see rams in Florida ?

ozzie_ender

Just had a refund for the tickets I bought for the game against Sarasota. The match has also been removed from their listings. Makes me think the potential new manager either won’t be in place in time or doesn’t want to go to Florida. Hope we do still go as I’ve booked a weeks vacation in the area to watch the 2 games. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Houston Ram said:

Just had a refund for the tickets I bought for the game against Sarasota. The match has also been removed from their listings. Makes me think the potential new manager either won’t be in place in time or doesn’t want to go to Florida. Hope we do still go as I’ve booked a weeks vacation in the area to watch the 2 games. 

sorry to hear that but you've still got Florida I suppose.  Always doubted the wisdom of playing there at that time of year though.  Always a risk of a tropical storm or worse and heat is constant.  For preparation warm weather training is normally reserved for colder months in UK

37 minutes ago, Houston Ram said:

Just looked and they are back up and are free. It does say Tuesday 9th July though thought we were playing them on Wednesday 10th according to the club website. 

Might be Wednesday 10th to people in the UK and 9th for US because of the time zone? 

6 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

118c there yesterday. 

PMSL, if it was it's a record by a large margin. Tampa has never even hit 100 degrees, the record is 99.

I'm in Orlando and it almost never hits 100. At this time of year it's usually hovering in the mid to high 90's.

Tampa tends to be a tad cooler because of its sat on the Gulf of Mexico.

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

PMSL, if it was it's a record by a large margin. Tampa has never even hit 100 degrees, the record is 99.

I'm in Orlando and it almost never hits 100. At this time of year it's usually hovering in the mid to high 90's.

I've got relatives who live in Venice just south or Sarasota (one is a gardener) who said it's too hot to do anything. He shared their weather report on FB and it was 118 straight over them and didn't drop below 100 all on the East coast about 100 miles North and South. 

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

i was in sanibel/naples at the beginning of the month and it was 98/94 everyday, seems like madness to go to Florida for training

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

I've got relatives who live in Venice just south or Sarasota (one is a gardener) who said it's too hot to do anything. He shared their weather report on FB and it was 118 straight over them and didn't drop below 100 all on the East coast about 100 miles North and South. 

Dude stop it.

Apart from the fact Tampa is on the west coast of Florida, you don't have to dig very far to see that's utter nonsense.

The average daily temperature in tampa in July is 83 degrees and the record of 99 degs was set back in 1985. Plus the coastal cities *can* feel cooler if there's a breeze coming in off the Gulf.

I've been to Tampa a bunch of times and watched the L A RAms play there 4 times in an open stadium.

Twice was in early September which is more or less the same as July. Yes, it can be hot, very hot, and it's not fun when you're out in the open for 4 hours and stupidly drinking beer.

I saw the Rams play the Cardinals in Phoenix before they moved to an indoor stadium when the temperature hit 120 and one of the cheerleaders collapsed in front of us from heat exhaustion. Not that ducker was hot.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Dude stop it.

Apart from the fact Tampa is on the west coast of Florida, you don't have to dig very far to see that's utter nonsense.

The average daily temperature in tampa in July is 83 degrees and the record of 99 degs was set back in 1985. Plus the coastal cities *can* feel cooler if there's a breeze coming in off the Gulf.

I've been to Tampa a bunch of times and watched the L A RAms play there 4 times in an open stadium.

Twice was in early September which is more or less the same as July. Yes, it can be hot, very hot, and it's not fun when you're out in the open for 4 hours and stupidly drinking beer.

I saw the Rams play the Cardinals in Phoenix before they moved to an indoor stadium when the temperature hit 120 and one of the cheerleaders collapsed in front of us from heat exhaustion. Not that ducker was hot.

I meant West Coast ?

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Tampa.....pah..! horrible, weird place.....now St Pete that is heaven on earth!

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Dude stop it.

I am sure it was cool and comfortable for you but not in my experience.  It was bloody hot 2 weeks ago even for fly fishing.  Wouldn’t fancy doing a real sport in that temp.

Archived