George Evans man of the match today

Day

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Excellent but would still bring in Ambrose myself if Tomori is not fit, not sure if Evans can have the game of his life twice on the trot and I would like to see what Ambrose brings to the table, heeding for instance.

Absolutely NOT the time to gamble on Ambrose

I haven't seen the performance v  Bristol so can't comment on that , but i certainly think people have been too quick to dismiss him as a defensive midfielder and we were told he could play centre back - we just hadn't had an opportunity to see him there before.

very pleased for him to have gone a long way in one match to have recovered his reputation.

he reminds me a bit of andy Comyn, and thats not a bad option to have.

2 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

He was brilliant yesterday. If he keeps playing like that, I wonder if we could have a back 4 of Bogle/Tomori/Evans/Lowe next season. Young, cheap and good.

He did ok and was sensible but there’s a big difference to suggest he was brilliant 

3 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

He was brilliant yesterday. If he keeps playing like that, I wonder if we could have a back 4 of Bogle/Tomori/Evans/Lowe next season. Young, cheap and good.

So you would drop our captain Keogh then, thank god you are not picking the team, and if Tomori stays, that would not be a cheap defence, young yes but not cheap, but well done to Evans, think he will turn out a decent signing in the end, some players take time to settle. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He did ok and was sensible but there’s a big difference to suggest he was brilliant 

On 27/04/2019 at 18:44, 86 points said:

Said at the time of his signing that I thought he might be our shrewdest bit of business. Can't find the quote but I did, honest! Anyway, he's done little to restore that faith bar that promising, if ill fated debut until today where for a young lad with so few games under his belt in the last year, he came in and did wonderfully well in super a high pressure game. Praying it's not a false dawn as he could be massive for us next year. I'll be keeping faith in him in any case. I think he's full of promise.

Anyway, right now I be like...

giphy.gif

Yes, with Tomori moving on next season there is a CD position up for grabs. 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes, with Tomori moving on next season there is a CD position up for grabs. 

Still kind of hoping we can hang onto him. He's clearly loved his time with the club and has improved leaps and bounds so there's a small chance he may get another season with us. If we get promoted I'd almost be confident about it! 

Archived