The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

So, documents are released which shows that there's trade talks between London and Washington and the NHS is on the table.

Everyone still happy to let Boris lead this country?

This should be absolutely key news.

The BS machine of BREXIT and GE campaigning should almost stop while this is independently verified.

I haven't had time to read the full story, but if the NHS has actually been on the table and talks have gone on between the Johnson govt and the US - then we have a proven big fat liar on our hands.

If Corbyn has made this stuff up - we have a beardy liar on our hands.

Penalty shoot out moment on integrity.

1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Well Corbyn's solution to this is to make sure there are no businesses left in the country & plenty of people are willing to blindly follow that as well.

See?, I can do the "people who don't agree with me are stupid" thing as well.

Sorry for being stupid but just need to clarify are people stupid for blindly following Corbyn or stupid for believing lies told about him, like the claim that he wants to eradicate businesses from the country

Things are getting serious...leaflets from the Brexit party just landed through the letter box today

Dear Voter,

<insert waffle>

Nigel Farage

They must have crunch the numbers and I must be  one those they need to convince of their master plan and why not, you never know.

This being said I wouldn't have thought that as an EU citizen we are prime targets but every vote counts as they say...

But and it is a big BUT, EU citizens cannot vote for UK parliament elections.

Still, good to know they got a plan and know what they are doing.

There are over 3M EU citizens in this country, me thinks we should all send our letters back to Nigel home address.

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Things are getting serious...leaflets from the Brexit party just landed through the letter box today

Dear Voter,

<insert waffle>

Nigel Farage

They must have crunch the numbers and I must be  one those they need to convince of their master plan and why not, you never know.

This being said I wouldn't have thought that as an EU citizen we are prime targets but every vote counts as they say...

But and it is a big BUT, EU citizens cannot vote for UK parliament elections.

Still, good to know they got a plan and know what they are doing.

There are over 3M EU citizens in this country, me thinks we should all send our letters back to Nigel home address.

There are 65 million EU citizens in this country

41 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

This should be absolutely key news.

The BS machine of BREXIT and GE campaigning should almost stop while this is independently verified.

I haven't had time to read the full story, but if the NHS has actually been on the table and talks have gone on between the Johnson govt and the US - then we have a proven big fat liar on our hands.

If Corbyn has made this stuff up - we have a beardy liar on our hands.

Penalty shoot out moment on integrity.

Manifesto promise that the NHS is not being discussed.

Is this a first, that a party managed to break a manifesto commitment before the election?

39 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I'm curious how Labours failure at this election will be promoted as a win. 

It won't - if the election ends with a Tory majority, Corbyn will have no choice but to resign

A hung parliament is when it becomes anyone's guess. A minority Tory government will be pointless and the whole election will have been a waste of time. A coalition govt without the Tories will be seen as a win for Labour. Hell it'll be a win for everyone!

50 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Is it though?

16 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Sorry for being stupid but just need to clarify are people stupid for blindly following Corbyn or stupid for believing lies told about him, like the claim that he wants to eradicate businesses from the country

I don't believe he wants to eradicate business. He does want to nationalise some of them and milk the rest until they (likely) re-locate or go bust.

The last number I saw was an extra £83m from business taxes. Well' that was before the bizarre £50 odd billion extra for waspi women, so who knows what it is now.

It's the unintended consequences of his policies that worry me and seeing the ineptitude displayed in recent days I have no confidence that they are even in their calculations at all.

Archived