The Politics Thread 2019

Day

27 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

You have no right and no understanding to make judgement on people's circumstances, you have no clue what is going on in their lives.  I suppose their city centre is awash with pregnant girls, chain smoking outside fast food outlets...

If I go out, get drunk because of a drinking addiction, and kick the crap out of someone because someone looked at me wrong causing them a life changing inury, are you going to jump to my defence because people dont know whats going on in my life to make me do that?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You only got one?

I got 2 last night.

Maybe me, you and Norman could set up a league table?

Nah, I get exhausted going round and round in circles.  Every.  Single. Time.  You two have got far more stamina than me I'd only come last ?

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Nah, I get exhausted going round and round in circles.  Every.  Single. Time.  You two have got far more stamina than me I'd only come last ?

Doesnt matter.

If you are losing just tell the posters they didnt know what they were giving out emojis for and we can start again.

Put it back to the posters. We can call it 'The Posters Vote'.

It's just confirmatory of course, not trying to get them to reverse their emojis.

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If I go out, get drunk because of a drinking addiction, and kick the crap out of someone because someone looked at me wrong causing them a life changing inury, are you going to jump to my defence because people dont know whats going on in my life to make me do that?

Agreed, people have to take responsibility for their own actions.  Addictions can be cruel I understand that, but ultimately the buck has to stop somewhere. For example, a significant number of paedophiles were abused as kids themselves but that doesn't absolve them of blame. 

With drink, drugs, gambling etc ultimately the only person you are harming is yourself.  Yes you can get tanked up, beat the crap out of someone but then that becomes a criminal offence. 

We've known about the dangers of smoking and the effect smoking has on (unborn) children for a long time - anyone of childbearing age knows this.  To smoke whilst pregnant is not only damaging you, its damaging another life. 

Whilst I can see some benefits of paying someone not to smoke during pregnancy I don't think its the best solution.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh God, do you still celebrate Xmas? Racist.

Yeah, soz. 

I love it. 

'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas' is my favourite song. 

'Just like the ones I used to know.'

Obviously the above is a joke before anyone gets triggered. 

35 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah, soz. 

I love it. 

'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas' is my favourite song. 

'Just like the ones I used to know.'

Obviously the above is a joke before anyone gets triggered. 

Am I allowed to celebrate Xmas being a Tory. 

I mean to listen to Labour we are horrible people. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh God, do you still celebrate Xmas? Racist.

Too many Snowflakes* on here who start crying that everyone calls them racist as a debating tactic.

I don't think any of our (far) right contingent on here are actually racist and I'm not sure I can remember anyone who actually has called them that, but apologies if I have missed it.

I don't think anyone has really implied it either, but if they have done, please try and judge it by the same loose standards that you place on the infamous Brexit bus!

*yes, I am aware of the irony of using Snowflake here

42 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Too many Snowflakes* on here who start crying that everyone calls them racist as a debating tactic.

I don't think any of our (far) right contingent on here are actually racist and I'm not sure I can remember anyone who actually has called them that, but apologies if I have missed it.

I don't think anyone has really implied it either, but if they have done, please try and judge it by the same loose standards that you place on the infamous Brexit bus!

*yes, I am aware of the irony of using Snowflake here

Cos those posts got removed.

Personally you can call me a snowflake all you want I'll take it in good faith but if you start implying that I'm a racist you need to prove it (without putting words into my mouth or reading something different or extra into what I've written).  And yeah I'll admit I do get annoyed when the implication is dropped into conversation when my replies aren't accepted or my return questions don't recieve the same courteous replies as I've given previously - whats the point in having a discussion if thats the case?  I'm just wasting my time.

Are their any far right people on here?  I guess that depends upon your starting point on the left.  Maybe I've missed them but I see controlled immigration for example as a sensible conservative policy in opposition to labours more open borders policy.  No one is advocating for a far right closed borders nationalistic flag waving policies.  

Archived