The Politics Thread 2019

Day

19 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I see Anna Soubry got busted yesterday trying to peddle a Lib Dem Remain activist as a leaver who had seen the light. I hope she get absolutely smashed in the election and losses her deposit.

Just where do these people get off ?

The duplicitous  old bag is my MP , I really hope she rocks up on my doorstep.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Even Moody's are falling for project fear now:

Leading ratings agency Moody's has signalled it is poised to downgrade the credit rating on Britain's government debt, warning that Brexit has triggered an "erosion in institutional strength" that threatens the UK's financial credibility.

https://news.sky.com/story/moodys-downgrades-uks-credit-outlook-after-brexit-paralysis-11857899

Brexit had triggered and erosion in institutional strength? Maybe someone should inform Moodys that Brexit has not happened?

Or maybe they should revise their wording to say 'the delay and uncertainty surrounding Brexit is causing an erosion in institutional strength'? 

Just a thought.

36 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

Could someone remind me the benefits of Brexit? 

None at all.

Think we will all be dead within a couple of months.

I'm surprised we even managed to survive as a civilisation before joining the EEC.

Basically, we owe our existence to them.

Find it amazing that there are other countries in Europe that are surviving outside the EU too, they must be massive economic powerhouses to be doing that.

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Paraphrasing the above post, we probably won't all die. Hardly anyone will die. That's the best I can come up with. 

Even without food, medicine and fuel?

10 hours ago, McRamFan said:

There are skilled people here that are being held back, the reason why, it's cheaper to bring them in, then train your own. 

Skilled people have been coming here since 17th century, in the modern era, so your 2009 point is a bit left wanting.  But well done, pat your self on the head and have a glass of champagne.

You really are the most erratic poster on here.  Have you ever tried to bring a skilled person into this country? If you had, you would know how difficult it can be and the proof have to supply in order to gain the Tier 2 visa.

Run along now.. I am sure there is a thread for you somewhere..

The conservatives are pledging to increase the number of GPs, with an extra 6,000 doctors by 2024. Is this figure a new amount of doctors or does it include the new GPs that the tories pledged in the last election and have so far failed to deliver.

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We can deport poor posters.. I will knock when we are ready for you to leave and head for that land of milk and honey.

Johnson and his henchmen told us that after brexit, the UK would be the land of milk and honey.

Or will it just be Northern Ireland, after listening to Johnson's claim they will have the best of both worlds. Free movment between themselves and Eire, while at the same time having unrestricted trade with the rest of the UK.

Not sure how this will work. But if it works and it's so great for NI, why hasn't Johnson got this great deal for all of the UK.

24 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Johnson and his henchmen told us that after brexit, the UK would be the land of milk and honey.

Or will it just be Northern Ireland, after listening to Johnson's claim they will have the best of both worlds. Free movment between themselves and Eire, while at the same time having unrestricted trade with the rest of the UK.

Not sure how this will work. But if it works and it's so great for NI, why hasn't Johnson got this great deal for all of the UK.

Maybe he has, maybe it will be. What proof do you have that proves otherwise? 

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

None at all.

Think we will all be dead within a couple of months.

I'm surprised we even managed to survive as a civilisation before joining the EEC.

Basically, we owe our existence to them.

Find it amazing that there are other countries in Europe that are surviving outside the EU too, they must be massive economic powerhouses to be doing that.

That's really funny.

So could we run through a few positive outcomes? Anything you can offer, honestly.

Just now, Redshaw_Ram said:

That's really funny.

So could we run through a few positive outcomes? Anything you can offer, honestly.

Read back through the thread, they have been covered on numerous occasions, just to be ignored and then the question asked again a few pages later.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

The conservatives are pledging to increase the number of GPs, with an extra 6,000 doctors by 2024. Is this figure a new amount of doctors or does it include the new GPs that the tories pledged in the last election and have so far failed to deliver.

Michael Gove said we've had enough of expert opinions so on that basis there is no need for so many GP's, instead 6,000 YTS that can stick plaster on it will fulfill that pledge.

If you really want to see a GP, a private appointment (for a reasonable fee) can be arranged tomorrow. 

Sorted.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Read back through the thread, they have been covered on numerous occasions, just to be ignored and then the question asked again a few pages later.

Is there any chance you could outline your top three, in as many sentences, to save me from searching further back than I already have done (so far all I can see is you moaning about immigrants).

Just now, Redshaw_Ram said:

Is there any chance you could outline your top three, in as many sentences, to save me from searching further back than I already have done (so far all I can see is you moaning about immigrants).

Clearly no point in taking the conversation any further if me advocating controlled immigration is going to be dismissed as 'moaning about immigrants'.

Have a search on the internet, I'm sure you'll find some potential benefits of Brexit somewhere if you really want to find them, doubt this is the case though.

Archived