The Politics Thread 2019

Day

21 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Anyway - here's one for the leave voters (who no-one is suggesting for a minute had no idea what they were voting for...oh no)

If Nigel Farage (of the Brexit Party) is saying that the deal negotiated by Boris Johnson (of the "Let's get Brexit Done" Tory Party) is "a bad old treaty and simply it is not Brexit" - then what are we to believe?

If the two leading proponents of Brexit cannot agree on what Brexit is then 

1) how can anyone know what they actually voted for

2) how can this be the fault of Corbyn? He can't have thwarted Brexit and simultaneously saved us from something that is simply not Brexit" can he?

But Farage's party and all the money he is receiving from backers, including members, would disappear tomorrow if he said that the Tories had it right. 

He'd be out of a job at the EU. He'd have no party to lead. And he'd have no political presence on any matter whatsoever. What do you expect him to say? 

poo or bust. 

Same with Corbyn.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

So something that hasn't happened yet was caused by people voting for anti-EU MEPs to NOT represent them in Brussels?

Well, without the protest votes, the issue on the EU wouldn't have been so big on the agenda. 

It wouldn't have been offered as a dangling carrot at an election and we wouldn't have got a vote on it. 

Also, thanks for the capital letters. I'm an idiot so thanks for helping me read your post properly. 

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Anyway - here's one for the leave voters (who no-one is suggesting for a minute had no idea what they were voting for...oh no)

If Nigel Farage (of the Brexit Party) is saying that the deal negotiated by Boris Johnson (of the "Let's get Brexit Done" Tory Party) is "a bad old treaty and simply it is not Brexit" - then what are we to believe?

2) how can this be the fault of Corbyn? He can't have thwarted Brexit and simultaneously saved us from something that is simply not Brexit" can he?

Rising above the sarky no mark comment.. Oh yes...

Farage has got this all wrong. As a leaver, I am conscious that 48% voted to stay and should not be ignored. We have to find some middle ground and work from there. Boris deal?? We will all make our own minds up on that. However the basic principle must be to leave. That is what was voted for and promised by our elected representatives. 

Is there not divisions in any political party on any political point? Why does Brexit have to be so clear cut?

We all know the NHS is a problem but I am sure if I spoke to 10 different Labour MPs, I might get 3 or 4 different ways of addressing that. Oh the drama, how can I vote Labour when I don't know what I am voting for? Could I just be voting for reform?

Can you sit here and tell me you 100% agree with everything about the Labour Party policies? How do you know what you are voting for? You vote for the party that best represents you.. Leaving the EU best represents me.. How Farage has played the last few days just cements my Conservative vote. It's all a bit of a non-event for me as my area has a huge Tory majority, not a chance in hell of it going any other way.

As for your poster boy Corbyn. He has stalled Brexit at every opportunity and you are well aware of that. He has a split party and whatever he does is going to cause huge problems for him going forward. Hence his 'sit on the fence' and see where the cards fall approach. He can still spout appeasement to both side. His only problem is that sooner or later, he is going to have to do something and then he is buggered. He knows it, you know it, everyone knows it. 

Corbyn.PNG

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Rising above the sarky no mark comment.. Oh yes...

Farage has got this all wrong. As a leaver, I am conscious that 48% voted to stay and should not be ignored. We have to find some middle ground and work from there. Boris deal?? We will all make our own minds up on that. However the basic principle must be to leave. That is what was voted for and promised by our elected representatives. 

Is there not divisions in any political party on any political point? Why does Brexit have to be so clear cut?

We all know the NHS is a problem but I am sure if I spoke to 10 different Labour MPs, I might get 3 or 4 different ways of addressing that. Oh the drama, how can I vote Labour when I don't know what I am voting for? Could I just be voting for reform?

Can you sit here and tell me you 100% agree with everything about the Labour Party policies? How do you know what you are voting for? You vote for the party that best represents you.. Leaving the EU best represents me.. How Farage has played the last few days just cements my Conservative vote. It's all a bit of a non-event for me as my area has a huge Tory majority, not a chance in hell of it going any other way.

As for your poster boy Corbyn. He has stalled Brexit at opportunities and you are well aware of that. He has a split party and whatever he does is going to cause huge problems for him going forward. Hence his 'sit on the fence' and see where the cards fall approach. He can still spout appeasement to both side. His only problem is that sooner or later, he is going to have to do something and then he is buggered. He knows it, you know it, everyone knows it. 

You're very generous , next time we get a Labour government in a general election [god forbid], anybody who didn't vote for them should not accept the outcome . Remain lost feck em suck it up and respect democracy .Good post though young man.

2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

You're very generous , next time we get a Labour government in a general election [god forbid], anybody who didn't vote for them should not accept the outcome . Remain lost feck em suck it up and respect democracy .Good post though young man.

It's the new softer Angry approach. Might only last till his reply though ?

6 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

The Leave Campaign categorically said that Brexit means Brexit and No Deal is the only, true Brexit. That's what an overwhelmingly huge number of people voted for. If you don't like democracy, go and live in the time and place that all our grandfathers died defeating.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

The Leave Campaign categorically said that Brexit means Brexit and No Deal is the only, true Brexit. That's what an overwhelmingly huge number of people voted for. If you don't like democracy, go and live in the time and place that all our grandfathers died defeating.

Hang on a minute, I thought No Deal had never been mentioned by anyone ever until a couple of months ago?

12 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

So please enlighten us where that place is?  Are you assuming that it was the British who, outright, won WW2?

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Try pressing the 'on' button on your sarcasm detector.

Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor, and is identifiable by the inflection of the voice, further more you could say sarcasm only works if it, at least, has a degree of intelligence behind it, a degree of subtleness.  That did not.

Perhaps you need a better dictionary.

11 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor, and is identifiable by the inflection of the voice, further more you could say sarcasm only works if it, at least, has a degree of intelligence behind it, a degree of subtleness.  That did not.

Read @ariotofmyown post again and the ones just above it. He is on your team.. I guess the degree of subtleness was so low, that you missed it.

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Read @ariotofmyown post again and the ones just above it. He is on your team.. I guess the degree of subtleness was too low, that you missed it.

I'm going have to work on my biting satire if I want to get more likes.

Farage, Johnson and Corbyn need to work on their biting satire if they want to get more votes.

Read a good piece in Guardian (ok, ok) about how all 3 of them are pitching themselves with 'the people' vs those pesky elites we all hate.

26 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I thought it was funny 

18 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

A government plan to create 200,000 new homes in England for first-time buyers has resulted in no homes being built, the National Audit Office has found.

Slightly off topic ,St Ives in Cornwall had a crack down on holiday homes to allow locals access to the housing market .Unfortunately it didn't work resulting in an increase in property prices over and above the norm.

Archived