Mason Mount back in training Monday

Day

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Harsh. Played well against Reading and when he came on at Ipswich. One of several to have a poor game at Brighton but still going strong at the end - in fact the substitutions seemed to rejuvenate him too.

Overall Bryson sadly not the player he once was for us but still has a lot to offer with the right players round him.

Just an exaggeration for people to not make excuses for him. I agree he played well against hull and at the back end of Ipswich, it’s the hiding away that gets me. When things aren’t going well he disappears. I have far more respect for the likes of bogle, who may get things wrong, but is at least trying to make things happen, rather than the much more experienced Bryson who simply hides behind his teammates when things aren’t working, rather than standing up and being counted. We’ve got far too much of that in our team imo. 

I suppose I’m fact to go with your last line, we’ve got too many players who “need the right players” rather than the right players themselves. Bryson’s not on his own in that regard at all, just the fact he’s so experienced means it sticks out like a sore thumb how pathetic it is when he he shirks away, doesn’t exactly set an example to the youngsters in our team. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Not sure why he is a tinker man if he has kept to the same formation and it’s not as though they are playing in a position unfamiliar to them.

Holmes - where does he play? Flo Jo? Bryson? Johnson? What's our best midfield do you think and who plays best where - are they the same?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Harsh. Played well against Reading and when he came on at Ipswich. One of several to have a poor game at Brighton but still going strong at the end - in fact the substitutions seemed to rejuvenate him too.

Overall Bryson sadly not the player he once was for us but still has a lot to offer with the right players round him.

It looked to me yesterday that Bryson and thudds more or less swapped position as the game went on. Mind, I couldn't really work our midfield out. Frank says he needs 3 in there to avoid being overrun but for most of the game there didn't seem to be anyone within about 30 yards of thudds.

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

It looked to me yesterday that Bryson and thudds more or less swapped position as the game went on. Mind, I couldn't really work our midfield out. Frank says he needs 3 in there to avoid being overrun but for most of the game there didn't seem to be anyone within about 30 yards of thudds.

You're right, that's probably why he looked better, then. He was playing deeper at the end, and Hudds played the ball over to Zoon for the chance that led to the goal.

But everyone had moved up the pitch by then. I had no idea why we dropped so deep first half. 

I haven’t watched the highlights yet to refresh my memory. 

9 hours ago, richinspain said:

Although I understand why many want to put Mount straight back in, he's missed several weeks of training and appeared not to be 100% prior to his injury. Surely rushing him back in those circumstances is more of a risk to further complications than getting him fully fit first and being able to complete the rest of the season?

My thoughts exactly. 

Would Chelsea have a say on this, I wonder, under the circumstances?

Serious question... asking for myself!

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Would Chelsea have a say on this, I wonder, under the circumstances?

Serious question... asking for myself!

I doubt they would be able to prevent him playing if he has been given the ok by the doctors. Also, has he even been checked over by the Chelsea medical team or was all his rehab done at Derby?

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

At the start of the season I was sure Mount was the best out of the loanees, I then moved over the Wilson and more recently Tomori. 

If they could all play at their best all at the same time that would be fantastic. 

That being said, Mount, for me, is still the best out of the bunch for his all round play. Wilson far more likely to produce a bit of magic that may win a game, but Mount is more likely to do the graft that keeps us competing in games. Tomori keeps getting better and better, it’s a shame we don’t have the room in the budget to sign him because he’s going to be one hell of an investment for someone. 

This and a few more ,the late ,great BC once said to win promotion you need 8 or 9 players on top form for a season .We have nothing like that, individual inconsistencies mean the team blows hot and cold ,mostly cold recently after fine form earlier in the season .

With the current personnel I can't see us stringing a run together ,makes me laugh when people jump on Keogh after a mistake because despite them he has been the most consistent performer if they all turned in the same  level of consistency we would be up by now.

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I doubt they would be able to prevent him playing if he has been given the ok by the doctors. Also, has he even been checked over by the Chelsea medical team or was all his rehab done at Derby?

If it's our club doctors giving the ok, I'd have thought Chelsea would have every right to prevent him playing (without their own club doctors checking him over first).

Clearly guesswork on my part... but as they "own" him... ?

I don't know how these things work, in all honesty.  Anyone?

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If it's our club doctors giving the ok, I'd have thought Chelsea would have every right to prevent him playing (without their own club doctors checking him over first).

Clearly guesswork on my part... but as they "own" him... ?

I don't know how these things work, in all honesty.  Anyone?

It's not our club doctor that gives him the clearance, its the local GP down in Oakwood that has the final say.

He was fit on the Monday after the Accrington game but Derby couldnt get an appointment until last Friday because the doctors were so busy. 

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

This and a few more ,the late ,great BC once said to win promotion you need 8 or 9 players on top form for a season .We have nothing like that, individual inconsistencies mean the team blows hot and cold ,mostly cold recently after fine form earlier in the season .

With the current personnel I can't see us stringing a run together ,makes me laugh when people jump on Keogh after a mistake because despite them he has been the most consistent performer if they all turned in the same  level of consistency we would be up by now.

Agreed. I know there is a good amount of games to go, but Keogh is the front runner to pick up the awards come the end of the season. He’s been dealt a difficult hand this season, but the progress made by Tomori and Bogle is in part down to him. I would go as far as saying that this has been his most accomplished season for Derby, in terms of being a leader and helping those around him more. 

Archived