Rams with and without Huddlestone starting

admira

10 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I think it is worrying, we are no doubt a better team with TH in it.

In fact TH with Mount and Wilson is imo the best we have looked.  But we could be without all of them next season.

The worry is, is how hard can it be to replace Tom ?

My thoughts would be that on past form Thorne would be made for it but we all know what has happened to him, I see BJ as more attacking but he does have the bite (no pun intended) but not the coolness in possession, Ledley seemed to defend positionally well but little else. Bryson is a completely different kettle of Fish and I have yet to see what Evans is all about really.

Not seem King yet.

I still desperately have my fingers crossed that Thorne can storm back to former glories but he is hardly getting in the Luton side at the moment.

If we go up we will need £30m spent on the midfield and that scares me 

so why cant thorn get into Lutons team?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

People talk about him like he's 40, he's 32. I know they play different positions but he's the same ages a Keogh. We just assume he can't play 2 games in 3/4 days but he's a professional athlete. Being slow doesn't necessarily mean unfit. Even if fitness/age is an issue i'd rather start him then bring him off when he's tired. His passing range is so important to dictating the flow and getting a foothold in the game, whereas in the last few minutes we might be better off with a more aggressive ball winner to see it out. 

5 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

People talk about him like he's 40, he's 32. I know they play different positions but he's the same ages a Keogh. We just assume he can't play 2 games in 3/4 days but he's a professional athlete. Being slow doesn't necessarily mean unfit. Even if fitness/age is an issue i'd rather start him then bring him off when he's tired. His passing range is so important to dictating the flow and getting a foothold in the game, whereas in the last few minutes we might be better off with a more aggressive ball winner to see it out. 

Mo Farah and  Usain Bolt are both athletes but different events .different physical attributes dictate different events one attribute is stamina.so completely unfair to compare unless its like for like

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

You aren’t quite thinking this through, then you are talking about Brian Clough and presuming you’d know how he’s think, then you are saying I’m not smart.

I think we are done here.

I'm not presuming anything he ducking said it.  Plus he signed McGovern for Derby, Leeds and Forest and tried to sign him for Brighton. 

You jumped to the conclusion I thought you're not smart when I said smart people take statistics seriously and intimated that  Cloughie looked at what a player did for a team rather than how he stood out individually.

I never said you weren't smart.  

However, if that's the bar you set of being smart then maybe I should have  

'I think we're done here' is the last refrain from somebody who cannot defend their position. 

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Because it hasn't lost a game in circa 20 matches.

regardless of how many any team wins if it can be improved a manager will do so for example season after Cloughie won the league he broke the british record to sign David Nish..If Thorn was as good a player has he was pre injuries they would be mad not to play him

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

he took a squad to play TWO matches.If anybody thinks we have/had a good chance of the autos then they are IMO dreaming we have a strong chance of reaching the play offs chance and isnt Saturdays match worth 1.5 mill to the winner?

If you respond to a post is it unreasonable to expect your comments to relate to that post? Or perhaps you didn't read it. Where do I mention expectation of the autos? We are actually struggling to stay in the top six, despite having what some call an 'easy run' of fixtures. My complaint is selecting two midfield players who haven't played before or played recently. Wake up.

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm not presuming anything he ducking said it.  Plus he signed McGovern for Derby, Leeds and Forest and tried to sign him for Brighton. 

You jumped to the conclusion I thought you're not smart when I said smart people take statistics seriously and intimated that  Cloughie looked at what a player did for a team rather than how he stood out individually.

I never said you weren't smart.  

However, if that's the bar you set of being smart then maybe I should have  

'I think we're done here' is the last refrain from somebody who cannot defend their position. 

I said we are done because it became pretty obvious that you were not interested in any other point but your own. I’m not even sure you ever read what I originally put. That’s still appears to be the case because you are trying to make it appear I’ve said something I haven’t. I come here to debate, I at least try to have a balanced view of things and to be respectful to others. Also I try not to post unless I feel I’m sdfimg something to a thread after reading through it.  I think it’s worth engaging with posters who give you the same back.

Apologies Bob, but I just have no interest.

12 hours ago, europia said:

League games should be a priority for DCFC at this point in time, so although your comment '....Had we won last night with Huddlestone, benched him Saturday....'  was hypothetical. It would have been the right thing in terms of the clubs priorities. Realistically we have a chance of promotion via the play offs, where as we have no chance of winning the FA cup. 

We're still in the cup so i'd say that's a chance.

Slim maybe, but still a chance.

On 14/02/2019 at 08:52, admira said:

LEAGUE GAMES ONLY

WITH

P 14  W 8 D 3  L 3  F 21  A 15  PTS 27  Points per game: 1.93

WITHOUT

P 17  W 6 D 5  L 5  F 22  A 21  PTS 24  Points per game: 1.41

I wish we could clone him and get a younger model but the current model needs to start.

I'm sure he's played more home games than away, though - which could explain much of the difference.

11 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

comparing Keogh  with Huddlestone dont work there physical attributes are completely different

Never noticed....poo you will be telling me that Kate Moss and Gemma Collins don’t have the same physique next ?

4 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Never noticed....poo you will be telling me that Kate Moss and Gemma Collins don’t have the same physique next ?

i think i would need to inspect both very closely before deciding.But my comment was to a post saying if keogh could play all the matches so could huddlestone

7 hours ago, DRBee said:

If you respond to a post is it unreasonable to expect your comments to relate to that post? Or perhaps you didn't read it. Where do I mention expectation of the autos? We are actually struggling to stay in the top six, despite having what some call an 'easy run' of fixtures. My complaint is selecting two midfield players who haven't played before or played recently. Wake up.

i was illustrating maybe why Lampard had put them in so sort of priority and why he selected the middlefield he started with . Sorry if my point went over your head .next time i will try harder.Can i go back to sleep now

• 2 weeks later...

Archived