National Pie Day

Day

National Pie Day  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today is National Pie Day, makes you proud to be British, I could almost smell the pastry in the air this morning.

What is your pie of choice? Proper pies only, none of those Goose, garlic and cranberry “posh nosh” Southern types.

*If you have gluten intolerance you may want to look away now.

9EA6F6F5-A67D-4291-B689-B82FDA44A694.jpeg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

Today is National Pie Day, makes you proud to be British, I could almost smell the pastry in the air this morning.

What is your pie of choice? Proper pies only, none of those Goose, garlic and cranberry “posh nosh” Southern types.

*If you have gluten intolerance you may want to look away now.

9EA6F6F5-A67D-4291-B689-B82FDA44A694.jpeg

TBF the pies I tasted in NZ were the best I can remember, lamb with mint fantastic but maybe you would refer to it as southen mamby pamby

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

Hot pie is Steak & Kidney all day long but my overall favourite is Pork Pie. Proper butchers homemade pork pies as well, not your supermarket rubbish or mini ones that are mostly just crap pastry.

oh  Bird's pork pie, one of the expat needs

15 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Hot pie is Steak & Kidney all day long but my overall favourite is Pork Pie. Proper butchers homemade pork pies as well, not your supermarket rubbish or mini ones that are mostly just crap pastry.

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

oh  Bird's pork pie, one of the expat needs

My sentiments exactly.

18 minutes ago, David said:

He’s disrespecting the pie day talking about slices, do you know why we don’t have a National Slice Day?

no that's shocking, I'm sure that had it when I was a lad from chad although it might have had something to do with razor blades

32 minutes ago, David said:

And what’s that got to do with Pie day? They make a lovely egg custard as well but it’s not a pie. 

Carrying on with lamb and mint theme.

If I had to chose 1 it would be chicken and mushroom. But I like most pies. 

@Angry Ram has had his say on pies...

giphy.gif

Archived