Playoff final

Spooney1963

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can all sleep safe in the knowledge that should Derby be fortunate enough to get to the final ,there is every chance that they will win it because Sam will not be there having not seen Derby win at wembley I have been banned from travelling to any final by my very own grandsons,i suppose that's life

29 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I still can't bring myself to watch it back. I can't really remember anything other than the goal and Russell getting chopped. So many hindsight points from this: 

- Why didn't Bryson start 

- Why was Rob Green suddenly Buffon 

- Had O'Neill not chopped Russell would we have won? 

- Was it actually Bucko's mistake in the corner rather than Keogh we should be burning the effigy's of... 

- Harry bloody Redknapp!!!!!!! 

0 I'm not crying you're crying... 

I can't answer most of those questions but I remember that Bryson had been injured and was considered a doubt for the game. He didn't actually play in the 4-1 semi vs Brighton so he clearly wasn't fit enough to start the final. And I think the form he was in in the months up until then, we missed him. His cutting edge. Alas.

12 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

More worried about next season. Got a wedding to go to on a poxy remote Greek island.. 3PM as well so if the KO at Wembley is 1PM I will be ducked. 

Could be worth the divorce..

If we lose though you can start launching plates at the floor in anger, with the locals thinking you’re embracing the culture.

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

any insights based on such a quick review?  

From memory, I drunk myself stupid and concluded that whilst we dominated possession there was a distinct lack of clear cut goalscoring opportunities, so were weren't as "unlucky" as it had felt at the time.

16 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I have never even seen the goal again never mind the game.... I think Keogh is rubbish enough anyway, I reckon if I saw the goal it would tip me over the edge!

Great weekend out though, drinking in Covent Garden with @Angry Ram and little Angry the night before and then before the game with all my mates from back home....I never thought we would lose, it never even entered my head as an option.

Alternatively, you'd realise Forsyth and Buxton made equally as bad mistakes in the lead up to that goal.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Alternatively, you'd realise Forsyth and Buxton made equally as bad mistakes in the lead up to that goal.

You say that, as if passing the ball to the opposition for a free shot at goal could be excused by what had preceded it!

On 22/01/2019 at 20:07, Alpha said:

I've never watched it since the weekend it happened. I remember a Bryson chance and possibly a Ward or Martin chance that should have won it? 

Was it Gary O'Neil that chopped down Russell? Argh! 

Was Thorne as immense as I remember? Was Wisdom a beast? Hendrick and Hughes eventually bossed the middle. Their only threat was a long range effort from Austin and other than that only Hoilett looked a bit tricky to cope with?  

I had a horrible view of the goal. Far end, directly in line with Zamora and the post that the ball went inside. As soon as he hit it I saw Grants hand not cover the post and the ball float really slowly between post and hand. 

Anyone else look for an offside flag? It can't be a goal? They haven't won? We've had an incredible season. Journalists are loving us. We are never beaten until the final whistle. The atmosphere around the town. The Brighton home game. The trip to Wembley. The belief in the ground!!! We've outplayed them from our goal line to their 18 yard box. O'Neil has had to cheat to stop us scoring. 

No way has Zamora won it. There will have been a foul. An offside? 

They've ducking won it

Oh god

How? 

They've actually won

You must've been roughly where I was sat.  The whole thing seemed to happen in slow motion.  From my angle you saw it was in the instant it left his boot...  The bar-steward!!!

I watched the first half but needed to drive to Wales for a Christening the next day. I was listening to the second half intently on the radio and just as QPR begin to break for their goal, the car I was driving breaks down due to a battery fault. I was in an area with no Internet connection and couldn't listen to the radio due to no power. It wasn't until I got to Wales, 4 hours later, that I realised we had lost the game on that QPR break as the car died. Fuming.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I didn't blame just Forsyth. Forsyth, Buxton, and Keogh all had opportunities to prevent that goal

very harsh, ball has passed him, Bucko pulled out of the tackle when it was his 60/40, Keogh with weak clearance gifted it to Z

Archived