Lampard: 'I certainly enjoy the wins more than I did as a player, but I feel losses more'

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

I like that he's always talking about the job beyond this season, but this bit stuck out to me: 

to see what we can do when seven or eight players are out of contract and move on naturally.

He clearly sees some of the current squad as a burden. Rightly so, but it's interesting that he's so open about it.

I love the way he is so honest, can see him being a great manager for many seasons to come, he is so into being a success, love the way he states how much it hurts him to lose, he is a born leader, and I love his passion, think we are very lucky to have him, in time with his effort and desire he will be a winner it's in his DNA, let's hope it's with the mighty Rams.

23 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Frank’s a Ram now. Give him the time and we’ll be ok.

I agree to a certain point, but for myself he wil be much better than ok, he is a born winner and leader, he wants it so bad, and those who want it will suceed. A young manager to watch out for,  so lucky to have him as a ram, now let's get behind Frank and the team for the rest of the season, let's show that true Derby Pride.

Its good to have a manager who is on the right track in terms of: Playing style. Team rebuild. Development of young players. Respect for the senior pros who are approaching the end of their careers with us. Engagement with the fans. Comfortable relationship with the board.

but its not an easy job. Results still matter and we are piss poor losers.

Money is tight. And we are facing an exodus in the summer which will test our resources. But i'm not stressed about any of it because we just trust Frank to deal with it, and it feels like we are all on this journey together. 

Previously it has felt like it was all about the manager and their own personal progression. Now it feels like there's something for all of us. 

I just hope he’s a Mangaer that stays with us for years. Hopefully he can get us promoted in the next couple of years to allow us to keep him.

the clearout in the summer will hopefully pave the way for younger, hungrier exciting players that can play to Franks standards.

even though it’s our worst points tally at this stage of the season for 6 years and we’ve scored around 6 goals less and conceded quite a few more than last year it still feels exciting and the football is much better to watch.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Even though it’s our worst points tally at this stage of the season for 6 years and we’ve scored around 6 goals less and conceded quite a few more than last year it still feels exciting and the football is much better to watch.

In patches it has been. I think the fact that we've played well in the high profile away matches (Leeds aside), that have been televised, have glossed over the fact that we have had numerous really awful performances too.

I struggle to think of many matches over the last 6 years that could rival the Leeds home and away matches this season.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In patches it has been. I think the fact that we've played well in the high profile away matches (Leeds aside), that have been televised, have glossed over the fact that we have had numerous really awful performances too.

I struggle to think of many matches over the last 6 years that could rival the Leeds home and away matches this season.

Off the top my head, Sunderland at home and Burton away last season were diabolical. 

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Off the top my head, Sunderland at home and Burton away last season were diabolical. 

Yes think Sunderland was the worst performance in a long long time, even worse than the 4-1 loss to Scunthorpe during the Clough era...and that was the day I finally lost patience with NC.

36 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes think Sunderland was the worst performance in a long long time, even worse than the 4-1 loss to Scunthorpe during the Clough era...and that was the day I finally lost patience with NC.

Shef Utd away last season aswell. 

I agree @G STAR RAM about some performances. I think the difference being we play to win this season and not play to lose

Archived