Who will be the new central defender?

ram59

15 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Well we nearly got to the bottom of page 2...

I was hoping someone had inside information as to who the replacement is. At present we have Andre Wisdom as cover for the right back , centre half and left back positions, which suggests he is multi-tasker!

Tyrone Mings might fit the bill as he is young,tall and quick. I don't know what happened to him at Bournemouth.

Frank doesn't give much away. As far as I can see he didn't allude to the departure of Pearce and the potential departures of Thorne,,Anya and Butterfield. It those transactions are concluded I guess he won't be drawn as to who he wants to come in.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Daily Mail reports today that Sheffield United are taking striker Gary Madine on loan from Cardiff.

It also states that FFP stipulates clubs are allowed to lose £39 million over 3 years. Apparently Birmingham lost £37.5 million alone for their financial year ending June 2018 .The EFL are set to hear their case next month. The potential penalty for exceeding the threshold is a deduction of 15 points , which coud take them from just outside the play-offs to the relegation.

Derby are still paying the transfer fees for Butterfield, Blackman and Johnson asa result of the profligate spending under Paul Clement. Does anyone know where we stand with respect to FFP?as it would seem to be the reason why making permanent additions is tricky.

4 hours ago, Harrowram said:

The Daily Mail reports today that Sheffield United are taking striker Gary Madine on loan from Cardiff.

It also states that FFP stipulates clubs are allowed to lose £39 million over 3 years. Apparently Birmingham lost £37.5 million alone for their financial year ending June 2018 .The EFL are set to hear their case next month. The potential penalty for exceeding the threshold is a deduction of 15 points , which coud take them from just outside the play-offs to the relegation.

Derby are still paying the transfer fees for Butterfield, Blackman and Johnson asa result of the profligate spending under Paul Clement. Does anyone know where we stand with respect to FFP?as it would seem to be the reason why making permanent additions is tricky.

QPR must be quaking in their boots.

QPR have been fined and are restricted in their transfer dealings-The German centre half Leistner is a free transfer,Wells is on loan from Burnley ,Cameron is on loan from Stoke and Rangel was a free agent. Sheffield Wednesday are subject to FFP restrictions and are up for sale. It looks like Birmingham's promotion bid will be curtailed. I wish I could say the same for Forest who have been the subject of FFP restrictions. I can only imagine that Villa have been sustaining significant losses too during last season and this.

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bucko? Putting the cat amongst the pigeons, the QPR goal was the fault of Bucko, Fozzy and Keogh, but I'd put 80% of the blame on Bucko.

Sad for a player who bled Derby blood, but when there's a minute left before extra time against 10 men, you keep the ball so you can play another half hour and get the win. You don't gift it to the opposition to allow them their one opportunity to defeat you. But if you do gift it to them, when you get the chance you put the ball into row Z rather than take huge risks to try to keep the ball alive, hoping you might score in the next 30 seconds instead of giving yourselves another 30 minutes.

Disastrous "defending". 

It wasn't a serious suggestion.

On 04/01/2019 at 21:51, ramit said:

i'll do it.  Have nothing much to do until spring.  Am 192cm, can somewhat jump, have big bulging eyes, always blame others for my mistakes and possess zero leadership qualities.  Free fare, food and boarding, plus 500 a week and it's a done deal.  Mel are you reading this?

Darn it, missed it by a hair

Aahhh but do you have a stupid haircut?

9 hours ago, Harrowram said:

The club did some fantastic work at executive level pre season in discussions with the League. A few clubs did this to clarify positions in relation to FFP given the complexity of the rules and the complexity of football club financial structures.

Upshot for DCFC is that they know exactly the parameters they can work in for the next 12 months to avoid ffp penalties. In a nutshell that means to bring in anything then space would need to be created in the wages or transfer fees budgets by resources going out. That space can then be used like for like to bring resources in. 

Situation will improve a lot in the summer with expiring contracts and other liabilities connected with sacking managers falling away.

So for now as players wages are lost on loans they can be replaced by loans in but the players have to go before loans in are agreed. Same for perm moves. Anything else would possibly create an ffp issue. Tricky balancing act!

9 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

The club did some fantastic work at executive level pre season in discussions with the League. A few clubs did this to clarify positions in relation to FFP given the complexity of the rules and the complexity of football club financial structures.

Upshot for DCFC is that they know exactly the parameters they can work in for the next 12 months to avoid ffp penalties. In a nutshell that means to bring in anything then space would need to be created in the wages or transfer fees budgets by resources going out. That space can then be used like for like to bring resources in. 

Situation will improve a lot in the summer with expiring contracts and other liabilities connected with sacking managers falling away.

So for now as players wages are lost on loans they can be replaced by loans in but the players have to go before loans in are agreed. Same for perm moves. Anything else would possibly create an ffp issue. Tricky balancing act!

Thanks for this. It helps to manage expectations going forward. Despite the constraints I hope Derby can at least make the play-offs if for no other reason but to keep Frank interested. Given the number of players whose contract expires at the end of the season I hope the club is doing some serious scouting as substantial recruitment will be required regardless of which division we land in.

Sith Happens
19 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Every year there are suggestions we will fall foul of FPP and we never do. If we were close to the line there is no way Mel would have sanctioned the signing of Waghorn.

Derby are just taking a sensible approach after having their pants pulled down with certain signings, including those you mention.

Still think FFP is garbage. It is a good idea in theory but should allow owners who have no expectation of having a loan repaid to them to put as much money in as they choose.

Why should a championship club be restricted yet Chelsea can spend and spend but be in debt to Abramovich by over 1bn?

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Every year there are suggestions we will fall foul of FPP and we never do. If we were close to the line there is no way Mel would have sanctioned the signing of Waghorn.

Derby are just taking a sensible approach after having their pants pulled down with certain signings, including those you mention.

Still think FFP is garbage. It is a good idea in theory but should allow owners who have no expectation of having a loan repaid to them to put as much money in as they choose.

Why should a championship club be restricted yet Chelsea can spend and spend but be in debt to Abramovich by over 1bn?

Under Nigel Clough a team was built comprising academy players, scouted bargains and free transfers. That didn't work because none of the players had the experience of winning promotion or indeed much at all . Derby then spent money on older players with promotion experience and paid them handsome wages. That hasn't worked because some of them were over the hill when signed and the others weren't sufficiently motivated. It seems we are now reverting to plan A albeit with a manager who has won plenty of things.

9 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

That'd be like Ched Evans going to Wednesday. 

I suppose if Wednesday sign Ched Evans' mate and he happens to be in the vicinity it could happen.

As for a new CH, has there actually been any genuine link to a realistic signing?

11 hours ago, ramit said:

Alas, that's where i come up short.  It is thinning alarmingly in the front though and looks pretty stupid, if that helps

But did you go to the hairdresser's and ask him to make it look like that?

Conversely, it is possible that Richard Keogh took one look at what his barber was up to and ran off before he could finish the job! That would make more sense than him actually wanting it to look like that, surely?

Archived