NFL 2019 Season

David

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Seattle could stagger into the playoffs and then come up against a team devoid of anybody who when asked in a bar what position they play would reply wide receiver and be down to a one-legged 40something QB who's never played in a playoff game in his life. 

Aaron Rodgers is currently on his way to hospital after his car collided with a dead moose. He wasn't hurt in the accident but when he got out to check for damage he got hit by Pete Carroll's gum chewing jaw from 1,500 mikes away. 

Grats to you @jimbo jones 

I was with it for the first quarter, albeit drifting in and out. Fell asleep in the second quarter.

Disappointing, of course; but I don't feel any kind of way about that loss really. Not watching it live probably has something to do with it! You play badly in elimination based competition, you get knocked out. Simple as that.
No shenanigans, no cruel twists of fate - just a team playing poorly and losing.

It will be very interesting to see how they react to this. I genuinely believe that we were the most talented team in the NFC; perhaps (but less confidently), the NFL. Better than we were last year and far better than we were two years ago. And with the NFL the way it is, status like that don't last for long year-to-year.

The teams last year and the year before, while worse, were unlucky to get knocked out of the playoffs when they did. Now the more talented team has just blown it without luck playing apart. Funny how sport works.

Thank you Seahawks. 

the fresh prince of bel air dancing GIF

Cowboys twitter was a good laugh during the Saints/Vikings game;

1st Qtr: "Hmm Mike Zimmer would be a good replacement for Jason Garret I hope we interview him".

2nd Qtr: "If Jerry choses Mike McCarthy over pursuing Mike Zimmer I'm out".

3rd Qtr: "APPOINT ZIMMER NOW".

4th Qtr: "Zimmer is Jason Garret with glasses, avoid at all costs".

OT: "A road win at the dome, get Zimmer in immediately". 

?

Officially announced the clapper won't be returning anyway, exciting times ahead hopefully. 

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Grats to you @jimbo jones 

I was with it for the first quarter, albeit drifting in and out. Fell asleep in the second quarter.

Disappointing, of course; but I don't feel any kind of way about that loss really. Not watching it live probably has something to do with it! You play badly in elimination based competition, you get knocked out. Simple as that.
No shenanigans, no cruel twists of fate - just a team playing poorly and losing.

It will be very interesting to see how they react to this. I genuinely believe that we were the most talented team in the NFC; perhaps (but less confidently), the NFL. Better than we were last year and far better than we were two years ago. And with the NFL the way it is, status like that don't last for long year-to-year.

The teams last year and the year before, while worse, were unlucky to get knocked out of the playoffs when they did. Now the more talented team has just blown it without luck playing apart. Funny how sport works.

I liked the Saints for a Super Bowl appearance, but I did like you as a good matchup for us, if and it was a big if, we brought our A game all across the team. I felt we could bottle up Kamara and do a job on Thomas, and by Thomas standards we did. Deep shots to quick receivers are our Achilles heal and I didn’t see where that was coming from, turned out to be Hill to Harris, and was surprised you didn’t go back to that, it would have worked again. 

Taysom Hill is infuriating to play against ? we could not stop the guy.

was as close as i expected, glad we won the toss for OT and had the first chance, with the momentum I think you’d have gone down the field and scored.

biggest thing for the Saints is getting a receiver  who can consistently make plays, not leaving it all to Thomas and Cook.

Glad Saints have gone home, they were one of our biggest threats should we make it.

Titans probably a bigger threat to us than the Patriots would have been. Derrick Henry is no joke, but I'd fancy us at home against their defence. 

22 minutes ago, Srg said:

Glad Saints have gone home, they were one of our biggest threats should we make it.

Titans probably a bigger threat to us than the Patriots would have been. Derrick Henry is no joke, but I'd fancy us at home against their defence. 

Henry is a beast, but the Titans will need more than just him. I can’t see them putting up enough points. A matchup I’m looking forward to though.

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Henry is a beast, but the Titans will need more than just him. I can’t see them putting up enough points. A matchup I’m looking forward to though.

They are. AJ Brown is good. Not afraid of Tannehill, he was nothing special against the Patriots either. We should match up quite well because our secondary is a strength, so we should able to sell out for Henry and still go man for man on the back end. If we can get out in the lead early too, like we have so often, I don't think they'd be well suited to chase us. Finally, they're the only AFC team in there who haven't seen Lamar yet which is a huge advantage.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I've never been so confident about predicting anything in my entire life. Ravens are winning the Super Bowl this year. The thought of anyone else winning it just seems preposterous.  

Gonna send you a dump through the post now you've jinxed it.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Gonna send you a dump through the post now you've jinxed it.

Nothing to jinx. It's done and dusted. 

No one can stop the rush. They spend too long on the field that puts too much pressure on other teams. Niners have the best chance IMO, purely for how they're built, but the season's finished for me. It's inevitable. 

Archived