Watchable telly

dog

26 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not seen Oz but definitely go with the other 4 and would add Spiral to that list.

Oz is brilliant, but seriously grim. I watched it about 10 years back, end to end, and it certainly left a mark. It won't be for everyone though, but then what is?

4 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I liked Kin, the second series more than the first, but I agree with your appraisal. All very subjective though, as we all like different things. I think my top 5 in the crime genre would be True Detective #1, The Wire, The Sopranos, Gomorra and Oz, though I'd probably say something quite different on another day. 

Agree with all those other than Oz, which, like @Wolfie20, I've not seen - what's it on? I'd also agree with him that I'd add Spiral.

I'm loving Love/Hate. Season 2 dipped a bit, but Season 3 has really picked up the pace. It's very much like Kin, and not just because it's set in Ireland.

I'd also add Fauda, utterly brilliant. And also Kaliphate, the Swedish thing. 

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Agree with all those other than Oz, which, like @Wolfie20, I've not seen - what's it on? I'd also agree with him that I'd add Spiral.

I'm loving Love/Hate. Season 2 dipped a bit, but Season 3 has really picked up the pace. It's very much like Kin, and not just because it's set in Ireland.

I'd also add Fauda, utterly brilliant. And also Kaliphate, the Swedish thing. 

Had a peep mate and it seems you still have to pay to watch it! Blimey.

It's on Amazon (Paramount), but I'd just grab a torrent, if I were you. Otherwise grab their intro offer and try and nail it in a week, but there's quite a lot of it. 5 or 6 series I reckon.

6 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

It's on Amazon (Paramount), but I'd just grab a torrent, if I were you. Otherwise grab their intro offer and try and nail it in a week, but there's quite a lot of it. 5 or 6 series I reckon.

Or , if you've got something that still plays discs, you could probably find a box set for next to nothing in a CEX type shop. 

5 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Or , if you've got something that still plays discs, you could probably find a box set for next to nothing in a CEX type shop. 

You could always buy a Doovde player too. Some good deals out there. 

10 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Funny you should say that! It's one of the few box sets I own.

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Funny you should say that! It's one of the few box sets I own.

I've not had any kind of disc player for well over 15 years. I've never seen a blu ray disc, never mind a UHD one. 

Given how cheap the second hand discs are in charity shops etc, I'm half tempted to buy a UHD player , and build up a collection again 🤔

16 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I've not had any kind of disc player for well over 15 years. I've never seen a blu ray disc, never mind a UHD one. 

Given how cheap the second hand discs are in charity shops etc, I'm half tempted to buy a UHD player , and build up a collection again 🤔

I've still got an old Sony sound system I use for the TV which I can use as and when needed, though that's rarely these days. I've kept it (speakers, amp, CD/DVD and everything else) as nothing I've found since sounds any better. That said, it's got an iPhone 3 dock on it, so it is rather getting on a bit! 

Edited by Comrade 86
typo

22 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I can't be arsed with torrents tbf, as we never run out of anything to watch.

After another two seasons of Love/Hate we still have Fargo, True Detective and The Bear to go at just off the top of my head as well as the new season of CYE. I shall save it in IMDB though, so thanks.

54 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I can't be arsed with torrents tbf, as we never run out of anything to watch.

After another two seasons of Love/Hate we still have Fargo, True Detective and The Bear to go at just off the top of my head as well as the new season of CYE. I shall save it in IMDB though, so thanks.

Just about to start love/hate after some good reports. Need something after finishing the excellent Kin. 

Ah class Bob , glad you got into it ! Nidge could`ve made it in politics [or football] in an alternative life , he`s completely amoral , up there with Tony Soprano and Stringer Bell , the character of Pauley who comes over from Spain is based on Daniel Kinahan , who`s in the news plenty , not for very wholesome reasons ! 

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Jeez, the final episode of Season 3 of Love/Hate is mind-blowing!

I know @NottsRam is on this, but has anybody else watched this?

If not, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is definitely up there with Kin, and I'm so glad I was recommended it by @hales300k

LadBible posted about it being an unknown gem today. Must be picking up some traction.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Jeez, the final episode of Season 3 of Love/Hate is mind-blowing!

I know @NottsRam is on this, but has anybody else watched this?

If not, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is definitely up there with Kin, and I'm so glad I was recommended it by @hales300k

I've just finished Kin last night. Well, the first season anyway.

What service are you watching Love/Hate on?