Topical TALKING POINTS ;)

NottsRammy

1. Well what I would like to know is to all the Nigel Clough nay sayers please answer me this . I remember all of you saying he was crap as he had only managed burton and was in non league and we wouldn't have touched him if his surname wasn't clough loads were unhappy about him . Fast forward a few years and MOST ( if not all ) are all shouting about the charms of Frank ………..now correct me if I am wrong but has Frank even MANAGED before . It seems to me there are a lot of folk on here who pick up whatever cap they like to fit there head .

2. Ive never been a Will Hughes fan ( Mr tippy tappy sideways pass ) . Im going to say this MOUNT is everything that will hughes wishes he was . Now your finally seeing a proper midfielder thank god Hughes , Ince and Martin are gone how the hell are we doing so well without them god only Knows .

Puts his tin hat on ? .

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

1. Well what I would like to know is to all the Nigel Clough nay sayers please answer me this . I remember all of you saying he was crap as he had only managed burton and was in non league and we wouldn't have touched him if his surname wasn't clough loads were unhappy about him . Fast forward a few years and MOST ( if not all ) are all shouting about the charms of Frank ………..now correct me if I am wrong but has Frank even MANAGED before . It seems to me there are a lot of folk on here who pick up whatever cap they like to fit there head .

2. Ive never been a Will Hughes fan ( Mr tippy tappy sideways pass ) . Im going to say this MOUNT is everything that will hughes wishes he was . Now your finally seeing a proper midfielder thank god Hughes , Ince and Martin are gone how the hell are we doing so well without them god only Knows .

Puts his tin hat on ? .

Really... You should think before pressing submit..

Embarrassing post..

Nope not embarrassing whats difference between Frank and Nigel at least nigel had managed yet we accepted Frank like he was a god and he hasn't even managed .

Don't get me wrong im all for Frank but I was all for Nigel as well , I just wantto know whats the difference ?

The thing is lots of you don't like being reminded of being that way towards young clough but totally different with Frank . 

And will hughes is overrated im not saying he isn't a decent footballer but lots had rosy eyed specs on towards him MOUNT does so much more , its a pity that whats making us tick are players that are not OURS  Wilson and MOUNT a lot of work to do at end of season.

Let it go pal, Nigel’s gone.

It’s weird that you start getting wound up about the past just as we start playing our best football for years. Just chill out and enjoy it. Who cares what you think about Hughes and Clough.

Not me. 

2 minutes ago, curb said:

Let it go pal, Nigel’s gone.

It’s weird that you start getting wound up about the past just as we start playing our best football for years. Just chill out and enjoy it. Who cares what you think about Hughes and Clough.

Not me. 

I let it go ages ago , I just have a wry smile at certain fans and what they think and when they think it . Some fans will be all over Frank being appointed ( and im one ) but were totally against Nigel quoting no real experience , I just find it laughable .

But I genuinely am interested who would folks have now Hughes or Mount and YES you can compare them .

The worrying thing is when were promoted we lose those players that are really adding the cream to a good base , they have to be replaced it wont be easy .

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I let it go ages ago , I just have a wry smile at certain fans and what they think and when they think it . Some fans will be all over Frank being appointed ( and im one ) but were totally against Nigel quoting no real experience , I just find it laughable .

But I genuinely am interested who would folks have now Hughes or Mount and YES you can compare them .

The worrying thing is when were promoted we lose those players that are really adding the cream to a good base , they have to be replaced it wont be easy .

Who is to say? They are both young. Honestly don't see any of them, no matter how well they are doing for us, being major players for their parent teams next season. Probably sent on loan again and why cant that be with us?

Just now, Paul71 said:

Who is to say? They are both young. Honestly don't see any of them, no matter how well they are doing for us, being major players for their parent teams next season. Probably sent on loan again and why cant that be with us?

Im hoping we sign them both as we will need to , but what are the chances of keeping Frank if he gets us promoted ? .

Wilson and Mount will only stay if we are I nPrem and frank is committed to the club .

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I just wantto know whats the difference ?

The difference between Frank and Nigel? Well first thing I will say is that I was a big fan of Clough when he came but by the end I wanted is tenure to end. Also would like to say he did very well to keep us up when he took over from Jewell. But to answer the question the difference between the 2, one of them plays to win every single football match and had us playing like an underdog for every single game. A point away from home was a good result regardless of the opposition. Could you ever imagine us going to WBA away and putting in a performance similar to Wednesday night under Clough? For the majority of his time here he played horrible survival football. 

Comparing Hughes and Mount is like comparing Iniesta and Lampard, Huddlestone and Eustace, Keogh and Davies, Bogle and Wisdom. Although they all play the same positions they all play their position differently.

As said by @Angry Ram, it is a really weird post.

5 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Im hoping we sign them both as we will need to , but what are the chances of keeping Frank if he gets us promoted ? .

Wilson and Mount will only stay if we are I nPrem and frank is committed to the club . 

Who says?

Archived