Home Kit Colours

Day

Home Kit Colours  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I’m a traditionalist so it’s got to be black and white for me. That is Derby County’s fundamental identity. I would be in favour of a look back to history and a season of blue/amber/chocolate as a home kit as a one off {like Arsenal did a few seasons ago} but only as a one-off exception. 

Oops. Snap.

On 01/10/2018 at 15:28, David said:

Just grabbed the Ajax shirt, desaturated it, increased contrast, removed sponsor and Ajax badge and thrown on the ram and 32 Red. No real wizardry or talent, just a quick job for the member that fancied a Ajax style shirt.

Sounds like wizardry to me. I have no idea what you’ve just said ?

nice shirt though.

From a design perspective it would be nice to have an extra colour in there, white and black is really crude. I prefer to buy away kits because they're just more interesting.

Maybe for some sort of anniversary kit of winning the first division or something.

1 hour ago, Shang said:

From a design perspective it would be nice to have an extra colour in there, white and black is really crude. I prefer to buy away kits because they're just more interesting.

Maybe for some sort of anniversary kit of winning the first division or something.

We’d be waiting til 2030 though (ten year anniversary of winning it in 2020). 

On 01/10/2018 at 14:36, David said:

What was the initial reaction from fans at the time to the change from black to blue shorts as we had worn black for 74 years?

Was there any backlash when we went back to black 18 years later, obviously we had some successful years wearing the blue. I was only 7 at the time so didn't really mean much to me, black is all I've really known. 

There was a huge backlash. Alderman St John Arbuthnot wrote a letter to the evening paper saying it was a disgrace and as well as that they all need to get a haircut. 

On 01/10/2018 at 22:51, Ellafella said:

I’m a traditionalist so it’s got to be black and white for me. That is Derby County’s fundamental identity. I would be in favour of a look back to history and a season of blue/amber/chocolate as a home kit as a one off {like Arsenal did a few seasons ago} but only as a one-off exception. 

I love this season’s kit. Those who are looking to change it and tamper with the basic white and black I don’t generally agree with. We often end up with “contrived” designs that just look wrong and are often only done to justify making it different to justify the cost of a new kit. 

The only other exception would be if “they” {Umbro? The Club?} allowed the fans to design a kit; but beware of Isigonis’s camel { ie the horse that is designed by a committee}. 

I'm a traditionalist so for me it has to be white shirts, blue shorts and red numbers. These are the colours of my youth. Talking with my pals who grew up in that era supporting other clubs, these are the colours they think of when remembering the great Derby teams of the 1970s and no one can understand why we have abandoned them for this johnny-come-lately black and white nonsense!

I understand the oldies having fond memories of the blue and white strips. But for me, there should be a relationship between the team's home colours and the club's emblem/mascot.

I don't know of many blue and white rams. I'll always be voting for black & white.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I understand the oldies having fond memories of the blue and white strips. But for me, there should be a relationship between the team's home colours and the club's emblem/mascot.

I don't know of many blue and white rams. I'll always be voting for black & white.

So that’s why Sheffield Wednesday are blue and white stripes. I always wondered. 

(The very rare blue and white stripey owl only lives int eh Sheffield region, if you didn’t know, google it). 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

So that’s why Sheffield Wednesday are blue and white stripes. I always wondered. 

(The very rare blue and white stripey owl only lives int eh Sheffield region, if you didn’t know, google it). 

I don't remember ever saying I approve of Wednesday's colour choice. It's one of my least favourite for specifically that reason.

ducking Wolves as well. Their orange colour should be Leicester's instead of the generic blue! Wolves should play in grey. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Oi ! Less of the oldies !!

here is a blue one for you !

taken from the spiritual home of the blue rams !

you obviously don’t remember Arthur Coxes blue and white army !

57C2B489-8745-4D7F-A2EC-6018DCF6FF0B.jpeg

0D62417D-136E-4CA9-B59E-427CEC1F39CE.jpeg

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm a traditionalist so for me it has to be white shirts, blue shorts and red numbers. These are the colours of my youth. Talking with my pals who grew up in that era supporting other clubs, these are the colours they think of when remembering the great Derby teams of the 1970s and no one can understand why we have abandoned them for this johnny-come-lately black and white nonsense!

Look into any Derbyshire field and you’ll plainly see sheep are black ‘n white. ?

Archived