Free to a Rams Fan Home

teddyb16

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster. Whilst in th eprocess of tidying up some stuff at my Gran's, i found an album (best description i can find) of what seems to be copies of 'The Ram', the club newspaper. Looks like it is the 1980-81 season in Division 2. 

It is in decent nick in honesty. Was my Dad's who was a huge rams fan, as am I. He used to take us to the Baseball Ground and we were season ticket holders in the Normanton Upper tier. My favourite game being when Derby beat Everton 3-2 and Goddard scored that sublime chip that had Southall tripping up in the net!! Magic

Anyway. If anyone out there wants this they are welcome to it. Can collect it or I can drop it off if they are anywhere close

Let me know and we can find a way to communicate. Will add another photo below as size is too big

The Ram.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, teddyb16 said:

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster. Whilst in th eprocess of tidying up some stuff at my Gran's, i found an album (best description i can find) of what seems to be copies of 'The Ram', the club newspaper. Looks like it is the 1980-81 season in Division 2. 

It is in decent nick in honesty. Was my Dad's who was a huge rams fan, as am I. He used to take us to the Baseball Ground and we were season ticket holders in the Normanton Upper tier. My favourite game being when Derby beat Everton 3-2 and Goddard scored that sublime chip that had Southall tripping up in the net!! Magic

Anyway. If anyone out there wants this they are welcome to it. Can collect it or I can drop it off if they are anywhere close

Let me know and we can find a way to communicate. Will add another photo below as size is too big

The Ram.jpg

That would be great thank you @teddyb16, can add to the collection, nice gesture ! I will send you a pm with my details (to many rogues on here) and we can meet up, good man ?

thanks @carnero for the heads up ?

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I hated those newspaper progammes and was jealous of other clubs who had proper ones that you got when you went to away games.

But a lovely offer from TeddyB!

Complete opposite for me. I loved The Ram Official Club Newspaper as I felt it made us different from all the other clubs, something magical and unique about it, especially for a young boy to read all that information about his beloved Derby County Football Club.

Not posted for a very long time but I read the forum every day.

Next year will be the 50th year that I have ben a Derby fan and saw my first game at Hillsborough in 1969.

We lost 1-0 but I have been hooked ever since even though I am Sheffield born and bred and support Yorkshire CCC.

The reason I have come out of the woodwork is the picture of the Ram Programme binder. I have every Derby County home programme for the last 50 years and love the old Newspaper Ram. The binders are hard to get hold of and if anyone else has any to sell I would be only too willing to buy them as I have the newspapers but not enough binders for all the seasons.

They are taking over the house and my wife is convinced that if ever we had a fire in the house I would rescue the programmes first before her and the family.!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, sheffieldram said:

Not posted for a very long time but I read the forum every day.

Next year will be the 50th year that I have ben a Derby fan and saw my first game at Hillsborough in 1969.

We lost 1-0 but I have been hooked ever since even though I am Sheffield born and bred and support Yorkshire CCC.

The reason I have come out of the woodwork is the picture of the Ram Programme binder. I have every Derby County home programme for the last 50 years and love the old Newspaper Ram. The binders are hard to get hold of and if anyone else has any to sell I would be only too willing to buy them as I have the newspapers but not enough binders for all the seasons.

They are taking over the house and my wife is convinced that if ever we had a fire in the house I would rescue the programmes first before her and the family.!!!!!!

Of course you would... 

Archived