Farts, where do you stand?

Boycie

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Why do your own guffs smell nice but anyone else’s smell like rotten road kill?

There is a proverb in Iceland - 'every man likes the smell of his own farts'.

You will use that one, I know, the next time someone at work is trying to convince you to do it their way.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Fart and Fartjudice?

"I must confess, Reverend Barlow, when Lady Mordaunt entered the drawing room I was most disconcerted and was unable to follow your delightful playing on the piano forte."

"Why so Miss Clifford?"

I fear Lady Morndaunt had dropped her skip and I was near gagging."

37 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

There is a proverb in Iceland - 'every man likes the smell of his own farts'.

You will use that one, I know, the next time someone at work is trying to convince you to do it their way.

I’ll use this with David next time when he won’t listen to my criticism.

The problem with farts is....the realisation that those pungent and still warm molecules that are currently in your nose and mouth were actually up somebody else's back passage only five seconds hence.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

The problem with farts is....the realisation that those pungent and still warm molecules that are currently in your nose and mouth were actually up somebody else's back passage only five seconds hence.

That kind of scientific over-thinking leads to no good. I have a friend who forbids anyone from pooing in her bathroom toilet because, and I quote, "atmospheric poo molecules will float through the air and land on my toothbrush"

4 hours ago, StivePesley said:

That kind of scientific over-thinking leads to no good. I have a friend who forbids anyone from pooing in her bathroom toilet because, and I quote, "atmospheric poo molecules will float through the air and land on my toothbrush"

Problem solved.

e61ee62d-cf16-43e0-b53c-3a5f86721eb1.jpg.03e1a4320d5bf07ebae2f1b751b0633e.jpg

There you go, just get her one of those and you can basically return a whole room in her house to the purpose it was built for.  I'm sure she'll be really grateful!

16 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

How long till you noticed the difference?

Wolfie went to the doctor's, and told him that although he still farted almost constantly, they are completely silent and have absolutely no smell. The doctor reached for a huge pole with a wicked-looking hook on the end.

"What are you going to do with that?" asked Wolfie, almost panicking.

"Well, I'm going to open the window, then I will syringe your ears and have a look at your nose" he replied.

21 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

How long till you noticed the difference?

Within a few days. I went low/no carb a year or so ago because I'd always been unable to shift that extra half stone of weight I always wanted to. I ended up losing 3 times that pretty quickly & now am using it to maintain my weight as it is by staying pretty low carb during the working week but then letting myself have the odd portion of chips or bread etc at the weekend.

I'd recommend it as a diet but I found it easier because I've always craved savoury rather than sweet, so I would always choose salted peanuts over chocolate. It would be a lot harder if you have a sweet tooth, I'm guessing. Sugar is the enemy!

16 minutes ago, eddie said:

Wolfie went to the doctor's, and told him that although he still farted almost constantly, they are completely silent and have absolutely no smell. The doctor reached for a huge pole with a wicked-looking hook on the end.

"What are you going to do with that?" asked Wolfie, almost panicking.

"Well, I'm going to open the window, then I will syringe your ears and have a look at your nose" he replied.

You're closer than you probably think, seeing as I have pretty much constant sinus blockages & wear hearing aids ?

28 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

You're closer than you probably think, seeing as I have pretty much constant sinus blockages & wear hearing aids ?

Same here with the hearing aids and the silent, odourless farts

Archived