Pre match warm up video

ramjam1884

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spanish said:

Not proud of your heritage young man?

It didn't really fit with the working class hero bit...it was trying to proclaim us a place of train makers, fitters and foundry workers etc.

unfortunately much of that heavy industry / industrial heritage is long gone. 

not sure who under 70 actually buys Royal Crown Derby.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

It didn't really fit with the working class hero bit...it was trying to proclaim us a place of train makers, fitters and foundry workers etc.

unfortunately much of that heavy industry / industrial heritage is long gone. 

not sure who under 70 actually buys Royal Crown Derby.

Children of people over 70? Oh, and royalists! 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Steve bloomers watching and poems like this are dog poo. We need to attract young people to the club. This is aimed at 70 year olds not 17. Get a recent “anthem “ and stick with it. It is embarrassing 

I agree we probably need something better than SBW to rouse the crowd (and it needs to be played when most people are in the seats rather than when many are still in concourse) but I wouldn't describe either SBW or the poem as embarrassing. 

Also, I'm not sure recent and good songs always work that well. It seems the more naff the song the better it works. Blowing Bubbles, Mull of Kintyre and Delilah are hardly classics but, sadly, they work quite well. 

3 hours ago, Doodle said:

Steve bloomers watching and poems like this are dog poo. We need to attract young people to the club. This is aimed at 70 year olds not 17. Get a recent “anthem “ and stick with it. It is embarrassing 

So if someone's over the age of 25 or so, they're irrelevant? The young and their petty obsessions are all that matters? Get stuffed.

Still plenty of us in Derbyshire grafting and getting our hands dirty for a living ! Working the typical working week and looking forward to a release come match day . Personally think the poems excellent , not sure on the Steve bloomer lyrics being sprayed over the big screen. The only people wanting too look at it would be kids and the majority of whom sit in the North making it uneasy to see the screen. 

You can't win really and you can't please everyone. I'm not knocking the poem, it was the first time I'd heard it, nothing wrong with trying new. 

Only thing is it sounds exactly the same as the one written for Manchester after the arena attack, same style and words.

I'm for less is more... keep SBW or pick a tune (The Dambusters or The Great Escape) and stick to it.

2 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

So if someone's over the age of 25 or so, they're irrelevant? The young and their petty obsessions are all that matters? Get stuffed.

Absolutely. I'm 50 and am so totally irrelevant. Don't mind me when you're banging out your poo pretence of music that only approx 1% think is ok. 

It's not tuneful. It's not music. We're not South London. We're Derbyshire. 

Someone needs to get a grip. 

No problem with modern music. But it needs to be music FFS. 

But I know nothing. @Tamworthram

was more than clear about that.

13 hours ago, Doodle said:

But if with pick something recent and stick with it it won’t be long before it’s not recent anymore 

8 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

What’s wrong with the Dam Busters? Why not have a traditional song for a traditional club (and you don’t need to learn the words!) ?

...and the fans can continue the theme with their appreciation of Leeds. 

11 hours ago, Charlie Dram said:

Absolutely. I'm 50 and am so totally irrelevant. Don't mind me when you're banging out your poo pretence of music that only approx 1% think is ok. 

It's not tuneful. It's not music. We're not South London. We're Derbyshire. 

Someone needs to get a grip. 

No problem with modern music. But it needs to be music FFS. 

But I know nothing. @Tamworthram

was more than clear about that.

When I'm banging on about my pretence of music?  I'm confused, or you've confused me with someone else.

8 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

When I'm banging on about my pretence of music?  I'm confused, or you've confused me with someone else.

No idea what i was referencing at that point. Dont even remember posting it. I'd not even had a beer. ????

Archived