Is this season a write-off already?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

With 36 games left how can the season be a write-off? We need to find some consistency but there is plenty of time. At one point last season Fulham were 17th! Forest won't get promotion with 46 draws. That's for sure.

The topic was started when we had 46 games remaining. 

18 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Sort of like us under billy Davies. They’ll probably end up 6th with a plus 5 goal difference, and do a Huddersfield in the play offs. Lots of nil-nil draws and the occasional last minute penalty for 3 pts. I wish I was a forest fan. 

How dare you? I think you need to sit in a dark room and have a good think about things.

19 hours ago, eddie said:

Today was the best Derby performance all-round since those heady days of Mac I.

A write-off? That depends on what you want out of watching football, but I want to be entertained - and we had that today in spades. I'm almost looking forward to our annual mauling v Man Utd - just on the off-chance that something special is really beginning to happen. The league cup was the competition where things started to happen for Derby under Brian 50 years ago. We didn't win it - we didn't even come close, but we took some massively impressive scalps that yeat and the confidence the players took from walloping Chelsea and taking Everton apart served as a springboard for promotion.

A write-off? Not while I'm still not too old to believe in fairy tales.

Just back in the North East from my 400 miles pilgramage...I was a little apprehensive. My games last year were Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich and Reading?. One minute in and here we go again but then...Fantastic. What a joy to be there and watch that kind of football. It was a team effort and I was so pleased to see the likes of Craig Forsyth and Craig Bryson back to their best and to get my first look at the young lads. We all want to win something and I hope we do but just being able to watch proper football again is a breath of fresh air.

Before the game I watched Fulham v Watford on TV. If only Frank had arrived a season earlier. I think he would have found a way to fit Will Hughes into his team, unlike his predecessor.

Archived