What's everyone hoping for this season?

RoyMac5

The feel good factor returning to the club and the fans uniting behind the club ,, we had it for a while under mac1 and it’s ebbed away ,, rowett split the fanbase and even though we were top six there was an underlying negative feeling about the club ,some fans wanting to hold on to the recent past and some wanting to rebuild and move forward ,, I believe enough time has elapsed and lampard is a big enough appointment for us to start moving on in a way that rowett just couldn’t seem to pull off ,,, 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, archied said:

The feel good factor returning to the club and the fans uniting behind the club ,, we had it for a while under mac1 and it’s ebbed away ,, rowett split the fanbase and even though we were top six there was an underlying negative feeling about the club ,some fans wanting to hold on to the recent past and some wanting to rebuild and move forward ,, I believe enough time has elapsed and lampard is a big enough appointment for us to start moving on in a way that rowett just couldn’t seem to pull off ,,, 

I want this to be true I really do. 

Happy days. 

It’s interesting reading all these comments. I don’t have the antipathy that some do towards Rowett (apart from the fact that he ran away for some dosh, the flipping weasel ! ) The football wasn’t the best but there were good moments and it wasn’t hoofball as some paint it. Mac 1 on a good day was blistering sexy football but it wasn’t always like that. We had brick wall games where we were out thought and out played by average sides. 

I’d like to see some consistency, i’d Like the ball on the floor, I’d like front foot aggressive football with some flair and daring. Above all I want it played with smiles on the faces of the players. .. it’s catching. There was a brief period at the start of Mac 1 when I’d go to home games thinking .. how many will we score ? We need that .... but with the ability to react and change when it isn’t going to script.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I hoping for Top 6 and going back to being the team other fans sneakily admire for the way they play and approach games. 

Bring back the Derby Way. #COYR

Gary mk 2

4 hours ago, curtains said:

I want this to be true I really do. 

Happy days. 

That's the spirit! 

Get yer chins off the floor mate and just remember that not all uncertainty necessarily ends in disappointment,  disillusionment and abject failure. 

Sometimes it's great - look at how it's cheered me and @RoyMac5 up! We were a right pair of miserable scrotes when Roger was slithering around! ?

I just want a season where the club as a whole takes a giant leap forward. Would be nice to end the season with the majority of fans happy, now this doesn't mean Promotion or top six - I think a lot of fans would settle for fast paced attacking football with a mixture of young and old (Not just old). 

Archived