World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Kind of surprising that some of them like cahill aren't trying to get into Southgate thoughts more. You'd imagine it could be the last tournament for cahill Delph vardy so why not go for it a bit more?

I suppose we don't know what instructions they have been given. 

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I suppose we don't know what instructions they have been given. 

Hopefully it would be 'go out and enjoy yourselves' - because this match is as irrelevant as they come and absolutely nothing matters. Taking the personnel on the pitch (both teams), I doubt that there would be more than 4 starters in the round of 16.

Should be used to this after last season but....

Current World Cup structure is a bit of a nonsense with groups and it will get worse when more teams are involved. I can understand that teams don't want to go to the WC for one game but what about a 2 legged first round game and forget the group stages. Least every game would matter.

1 minute ago, JaguarRam said:

Should be used to this after last season but....

Current World Cup structure is a bit of a nonsense with groups and it will get worse when more teams are involved. I can understand that teams don't want to go to the WC for one game but what about a 2 legged first round game and forget the group stages. Least every game would matter.

If the next WC is 48 teams with 16 groups of 3 and only the top team going forward, then surely that would be an improvement?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If the next WC is 48 teams with 16 groups of 3 and only the top team going forward, then surely that would be an improvement?

Top 2 go through. Two draws and you are into the next round. No point risking a defeat as you would probably go out. LOts of lovely 0-0's

1 minute ago, mozza said:

I must be easily pleased, i'm actually enjoying this game. Oh well, each to their own.. 

It's not terrible agreed.

Just don't see the point of Vardy unless we're going to play like Leicester, and even if we were, Belgium are hardly busting a gut to pin us back!

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Yes. I would also advocate an unseeded draw for the knockout stages - but television would never go for that.

Archived