World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Spain put 3 past Portugal, but can only put 1 past Iran. Portugal put 3 past Spain, but could only put 1 past Morocco. 

Does that main Spain and Portugal both have really poo defences? 

Also, just realised that’s doesn’t mean Iran are out by a long stretch. If they could beat Portugal, they’re through. And if they can nearly draw against Spain, then that’s doable. 

Do you reckon it’s worth just sending an expendable player to straight up knock ronaldo out? You’d end up with 10 men, but Portugal are very average without Ronaldo. 

Not exactly sporting, but got to be a tactic worth considering. 

They did win the Euro 2016 final without Ronaldo for the most part.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw an article in The Telegraph headlined England's World Cup team plans accidentally leaked in training - showing Raheem Sterling could be dropped.

Above an image of what is clearly a paparazzi's photo zoomed it many times onto a teamsheet that Southgate is holding by his side during training.

Hardly been "leaked". 

If anyone likes free money, Sky Bet are offering a £5 free bet on Arg v Cro if you stake £10 pre-match.

I think the match will be a draw so I've split the £10 between the 3 possible outcomes - to return £10 if Arg win, £10 if Cro win & £8.81 if its a draw.

I've than put the £5 free bet on the draw which returns  £11.50.

So I've staked £10

If it's a draw it returns £20.31

If Arg or Cro win it returns £10

?

The dream has died. Peru will just have to give Australia a good to king now. Got a soft spot for Australia, but a softer spot for Peru. And Australia already have a point. Would be gutted for all those Peruvians to go home without Peru even getting a point. And hopefully Guerrero can get his goal. 

Such a shame he wasn’t on the pitch from the start I’m the Denmark game, he would’ve buried that penalty.

It's games like this where people will form their ultimate opinion of Messi v Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is in as poor a team yet has got Portugal their 4 points so far. 

Messi has so far managed to lose them 2 points and doesn't look like single handedly winning them this one so far.

Certainly adds weight to the 'he can only do it with great players behind him' arguement.

Archived