HITC

Philmycock

58 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I’m not worked up now I’ve blocked them. If you think your cut and paste “blogs” are great then carry on, it’s all about the money ? 

Why can’t  you just not read them? 

Why the need for a spiteful, petulant, offensive article? 

And before you suggest it, I don’t write for HITC, nor do I read the articles all that often because I’m not too interestedly in a lot of people’s opinions. Hence why I choose not to read it, which is the normal thing to do with something you’re not so interested in...

jesus has the mrs walked out on you tonight or somat?!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Why can’t  you just not read them? 

Why the need for a spiteful, petulant, offensive article? 

And before you suggest it, I don’t write for HITC, nor do I read the articles all that often because I’m not too interestedly in a lot of people’s opinions. Hence why I choose not to read it, which is the normal thing to do with something you’re not so interested in...

jesus has the mrs walked out on you tonight or somat?!

Calm your tits, I asked how to block them and got a response, so I did, no need to have hissy fit x

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Calm your tits, I asked how to block them and got a response, so I did, no need to have hissy fit x

You made a whole thread to slag it off. I just don’t see the point. You were rude towards Bris when he was nothing but mild mannered in his responses. Just act like an adult if you don’t like reading a website don’t go on said website ffs

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

It’s quite clearly a load of clickbait poo, the first few articles I read from there taught me the trend, I’m yet to see a good article from that site. Now I just ignore any HITC link I see.

Just don’t click on them, you’ll be happier.

Ditto, I soon started to wonder if it stood for High Intention Talking Crap.

Clickbait 2+2=5 for anyone who wants to read the writers whim of a story; makes Nixon look an overflowing font of knowledge by comparison.

21 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

You made a whole thread to slag it off. I just don’t see the point. You were rude towards Bris when he was nothing but mild mannered in his responses. Just act like an adult if you don’t like reading a website don’t go on said website ffs

Shut up, I’ve never been on the cr@ppy website, I asked how to delete it off NewsNow, if you enjoy reading utter tripe you carry on, no skin off my huge nose

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Shut up, I’ve never been on the cr@ppy website, I asked how to delete it off NewsNow, if you enjoy reading utter tripe you carry on, no skin off my huge nose

Then why make a whole thread just to slag it off? 

10 minutes ago, philmycock said:

If you've never been on the cr@ppy website now do you know it's cr@ppy and how did you manage to post a link to the cr@ppy website?

I've had a quick gander at the a website before but think it's a bit cr@ppy so I've not been on it since, unti! I clicked on the link you posted from the website you've never been on.

Just now, bigbadbob said:

If you've never been on the cr@ppy website now do you know it's cr@ppy and how did you manage to post a link to the cr@ppy website?

I've had a quick gander at the a website before but think it's a bit cr@ppy so I've not been on it since, unti! I clicked on the link you posted from the website you've never been on.

Sorry about that, it lured me in with click bait, when I got there I realised it was utter tripe, however it’s easy to block, just don’t mention it or people from Ilkeston get mardy

Depending on what you like reading and what interests you, I don’t really understand the hate for its reports either.

Unless you’re willing to scour all of the online editorials - the sun, mirror, daily mail, telegraph, guardian, independent, star, scotsman, daily record plus all the foreign content - then you’d be better off just going on to the News Now feed for your club and reading the ‘top stories’ reports via sites such as HITC.

Even if it turns out to be rubbish, it saves you plenty of time and keeps you up-to-date.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Depending on what you like reading and what interests you, I don’t really understand the hate for its reports either.

Unless you’re willing to scour all of the online editorials - the sun, mirror, daily mail, telegraph, guardian, independent, star, scotsman, daily record plus all the foreign content - then you’d be better off just going on to the News Now feed for your club and reading the ‘top stories’ reports via sites such as HITC.

Even if it turns out to be rubbish, it saves you plenty of time and keeps you up-to-date.

? top click bait marketing skills, I think I’ll just listen to Radio Derby and check out DCFC.co.uk thanks

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

? top click bait marketing skills, I think I’ll just listen to Radio Derby and check out DCFC.co.uk thanks

I would do the same. Forget the rumours and hearsay, and just wait for done deals.

But there are many out there who love a bit of gossip and the transfer window generates more interest than any other aspect of football.

Amazingly, over the summer months when football isn’t even on, in terms of article views it’s at its highest.

The worst two months of the calender year are Sept and Feb, immediately after the windows have closed.

HITC get a bad reputation because they are so visible, at the same time they have to be as number of articles equals number of views which equals number of revenue. It does make good money, too. I obviously don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if that company is turning over close to £500k a year at the moment. It's not bad when you think the overheads are relatively small in comparison to most businesses and they negate paying high fees to content writers by offering experience to students & offering a platform to those who have a passion for football who can string a sentence together. A number of people that used to write on there when I first started have now moved on to quite reputable news outlets, for example. 

As Bris mentioned, it's not the best job in the world. The writers need to make their time worthwhile hence why you do get 'clickbait', but there's nothing more demoralising to someone who wants to produce good work but also has to be on the look out for the next story before any of the other 10-15 active writers find it and get enough content done to be make it worth the 4-5 hours you've spent searching/writing. 

Archived