HITC

Philmycock

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, philmycock said:

What’s it got to do with you?

“Just act like an adult if you don’t like reading a thread don’t go on said thread ffs”

Because the title of the thread wasn't indicative of what it was going to be about/ or the tone of it. 

Engage your brain before trying a smart come back. You won't make yourself look silly. 

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because the title of the thread wasn't indicative of what it was going to be about/ or the tone of it. 

Engage your brain before trying a smart come back. You won't make yourself look silly. 

Yeah click bait! Annoying isn’t it.

You’re full of hate, did you get bullied at school?

4 hours ago, philmycock said:

Yeah click bait! Annoying isn’t it.

You’re full of hate, did you get bullied at school?

Not at all I just don’t like people acting like an arse to someone who’s been nothing but calm and well informed

58 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Not at all I just don’t like people acting like an arse to someone who’s been nothing but calm and well informed

Acting like an arse for having an opinion? I forgot we live in a Nazi state, get a grip you facist

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

28 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Acting like an arse for having an opinion? I forgot we live in a Nazi state, get a grip you facist

ducking hell grow up you pair of women - Yeah I just assumed your gender too.

Can't be much fun being a journalist these days. You do your best to write your quota and attempt to write stuff that's original and thought-provoking, despite the knowledge that you need to produce somewhere between 15-20 articles on that day alone.

And then to top it off, you get people giving you grief on a message board because it bothers them that articles exist which they don't have to read, and have never been forced to read.

I'm assuming that everyone who enjoys slagging off young journalists for trying to get into the industry - and actually make some money in journalism to afford to live in this absolutely f*cked up economy - are lucky enough to do jobs where they are totally free from criticism or pressure. 

On 06/06/2018 at 20:08, Bris Vegas said:

I wasn’t trying to have a go or anything, I was just merely surprised you get tempted into reading the site when you know you won’t enjoy the stuff.

They certainly aren’t the only site out there who blogs though. There are hundreds now, and IMO there are far worse in terms of clickbait headlines.

’Defender is set to leave Liverpool’ turns into an article about a youth defender joining the first-team squad on the bus for an away match - now that’s just ridiculous and it happens.

Bris, you are much more level headed and reasonable when debating football writing than when you are debating the Rams!

Don't have much time for these sort of clickbait articles,  but you have successfully explained the business model and even put a human face on it too.

How did you end up in Mexico anyway?

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Bris, you are much more level headed and reasonable when debating football writing than when you are debating the Rams!

Don't have much time for these sort of clickbait articles,  but you have successfully explained the business model and even put a human face on it too.

How did you end up in Mexico anyway?

A lot of my Rams talk is tongue in cheek. It’s kind of hard to pick that up through writing text though. 

I don’t mind people bashing the blogging sites for their content. Some people just love to have a go, and anybody who writes should know it’s a job which will receive criticism one way or another.

As for my Mexadventure, it wasn’t really planned. I arrived with a buddy, intended on traveling for 6 weeks and then decide later. But after two weeks of the trip and some savings behind me, I opted to stay for longer to learn Spanish. I almost immediately fell in love with the place. One thing led to another, now 8 years on I’m a perm resident with my own house... No going back now!

Archived