HITC

Philmycock

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full-time writers are expected to contribute to 300-400 articles per month, working five day weeks that’s 15-20 per day.

What do you expect them to write about? It’s a blogging site where they can write reports, quotes with opinions, stats pieces or outright opinion or suggestion articles.

News now is a platform for such content, and people who enjoy reading about football read such articles.

If you’re not interested and only want substantial transfer or quote columns, then stick to Sky Sports, the BBC, the Telegraph or the main website.

HITC wouldn’t write such articles if people never read them. The fact they have more than 10 million article views per month suggests there is a demand for it.

And the more articles they write, the more viewers they get, thus more advertising companies paying for adverts on site.

A lot of it is football trivia too. The youtube channel has over a million subscribers too.

10 minutes ago, philmycock said:

....is to football journalist what Millwall is to football fans...

Every story is a “should” or a “could”, regurgitating stories we already know about, why are they on my Newsnow feed anyway? Anyone know how I can get them off it? ??

Evidence: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/06/rangers-should-consider-derbys-3m-rated-defender-curtis-davies/

Click on HITC in newsnow then click Hide Publication.  

6144D788-53D3-4B54-9B33-9001F729212B.thumb.png.0e039bdf7bf9a836a371789f7178675b.png

It’s worse than reading a Kenny Burns column, why are you trying to justify it by popularity of views, you hate it when Derby fans say we’re bigger than other teams because we get bigger attendances, don’t be a hypocrite.

The whole site is cut and paste trash, just a different club/player/fee everytime, aren’t you embarrassed that you contribute to such utter bilge?

Just now, philmycock said:

It’s worse than reading a Kenny Burns column, why are you trying to justify it by popularity of views, you hate it when Derby fans say we’re bigger than other teams because we get bigger attendances, don’t be a hypocrite.

The whole site is cut and paste trash, just a different club/player/fee everytime, aren’t you embarrassed that you contribute to such utter dilge?

Like I say, if you don’t like it, don’t read it. For what it’s worth, I don’t read anything out of interet on New Now. The only sports editorial I read out of interest is the BBC.

You may think it’s embarrassing rubbish. In some regards I agree with you. I don’t have much interest at all reading a random website’s views on who Derby should buy/sell this month. If Joe Bloggs thinks Derby should buy John Souttar this summer, or cash-in on Matej Vydra, then good for them. Some of the suggestions are laughable, I know... But they’re opinions of other people.

And people ultimately enjoy reading them. Why else would they get such viewing figures? 

Some people read them out of anger. Because they get worked up what others are suggesting about their club. But even if it causes anger, they’re still reading them and thus the site is doing its job.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Like I say, if you don’t like it, don’t read it. For what it’s worth, I don’t read anything out of interet on New Now. The only sports editorial I read out of interest is the BBC.

You may think it’s embarrassing rubbish. In some regards I agree with you. I don’t have much interest at all reading a random website’s views on who Derby should buy/sell this month. If Joe Bloggs thinks Derby should buy John Souttar this summer, or cash-in on Matej Vydra, then good for them. Some of the suggestions are laughable, I know... But they’re opinions of other people.

And people ultimately enjoy reading them. Why else would they get such viewing figures? 

Some people read them out of anger. Because they get worked up what others are suggesting about their club. But even if it causes anger, they’re still reading them and thus the site is doing its job.

You are very forthright in your views of DCFC, you talk a good game, very articulate I may add, then you write this carp...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/04/tt-sheffield-wednesday-would-be-mad-not-to-attempt-to-sign-sunde/

....you can do better than this, surely?!

PS. Now I know I can do it I have blocked it!!! Happy ? now!

Everybody's entitled to their opinions, but is it really worth getting this triggered over a football website?

I don't think it does any harm. It certainly doesn't fabricate stories and outright lie to its readership, like some mainstream media companies do on a daily basis

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

You are very forthright in your views of DCFC, you talk a good game, very articulate I may add, then you write this carp...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/04/tt-sheffield-wednesday-would-be-mad-not-to-attempt-to-sign-sunde/

....you can do better than this, surely?!

An opinion piece on a player Sheffield Wednesday should buy? Why would that get you worked up?

I only write part-time, but I still have to write a set amount per week. As there are no games on and 90% of my articles are just opinion pieces, suggesting a team should buy a player is a pretty common theme.

Wednesday need to freshen up their midfield, considering they’ve got a bunch of oldies in there like us, and they need extra energy and a goal threat from that area.

In terms of suggestions, Paddy McNair would be a sound choice. He’s 23, available for 5m and last season had a goal record from midfield of one in three starts. Carry that on and in two years time he’d be worth double for a PL side.

What was so crap about that suggestion?

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

An opinion piece on a player Sheffield Wednesday should buy? Why would that get you worked up?

I only write part-time, but I still have to write a set amount per week. As there are no games on and 90% of my articles are just opinion pieces, suggesting a team should buy a player is a pretty common theme.

Wednesday need to freshen up their midfield, considering they’ve got a bunch of oldies in there like us, and they need extra energy and a goal threat from that area.

In terms of suggestions, Paddy McNair would be a sound choice. He’s 23, available for 5m and last season had a goal record from midfield of one in three starts. Carry that on and in two years time he’d be worth double for a PL side.

I’m not worked up now I’ve blocked them. If you think your cut and paste “blogs” are great then carry on, it’s all about the money ? 

It’s quite clearly a load of clickbait poo, the first few articles I read from there taught me the trend, I’m yet to see a good article from that site. Now I just ignore any HITC link I see.

Just don’t click on them, you’ll be happier.

Also, if you want to know why there are so many people blogging, it’s because it can be quite lucrative in terms of pay.

I kid you not when I say those that can write fast or use dictation could earn £20 - £30 an hour, 30-40 hours a week, writing about football from the comfort of your own home.

For somebody based abroad in a relatively low-income country, and I’m not alone in that regard, it can be really cushty. 

A decent high up government official where I live earns around £1200 per month. You could earn double that freelance blogging about football.

In my opinion though, writing can be a lonely job and at times depressing. Hence I only write less than part-time, and use my other time teaching at the uni or making the most of my free time.

7 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I’m not worked up now I’ve blocked them. If you think your cut and paste “blogs” are great then carry on, it’s all about the money ? 

But I don’t write cut and paste blogs. All opinions are my own, it’s not like I’ve stolen them from somebody.

I just blog what I believe is right. I think Lampard should sell Weimann as he is crap with the ball at his feet. I might write about that tomorrow... Why not?

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But I don’t write cut and paste blogs. All opinions are my own, it’s not like I’ve stolen them from somebody.

I just blog what I believe is right. I think Lampard should sell Weimann as he is crap with the ball at his feet. I might write about that tomorrow... Why not?

It’s ok Shakespeare, no drama, I didn’t realise I could block it, now I have I’m happy.

29 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Isn’t that the player that Brighton are bidding for? Sure it’s a sound choice, however it’s not a realistic choice.

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

It’s ok Shakespeare, no drama, I didn’t realise I could block it, now I have I’m happy.

I wasn’t trying to have a go or anything, I was just merely surprised you get tempted into reading the site when you know you won’t enjoy the stuff.

They certainly aren’t the only site out there who blogs though. There are hundreds now, and IMO there are far worse in terms of clickbait headlines.

’Defender is set to leave Liverpool’ turns into an article about a youth defender joining the first-team squad on the bus for an away match - now that’s just ridiculous and it happens.

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Isn’t that the player that Brighton are bidding for? Sure it’s a sound choice, however it’s not a realistic choice.

It is realistic if he’s not likely to get regular playing time at Brighton.

If it was unrealistic, teams like Derby, Stoke and Norwich wouldn’t be looking at him.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

If it was unrealistic, teams like Derby, Stoke and Norwich wouldn’t be looking at him.

Who says they are? Don’t believe everything you read ? 

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Linked by who though? Given Derby haven’t got any money to invest this year, and also that the new manager has just stepped through the door....where did these links come from as a matter of interest? 

19 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Linked by who though? Given Derby haven’t got any money to invest this year, and also that the new manager has just stepped through the door....where did these links come from as a matter of interest? 

An agent trying to start a bidding war, no doubt. 

Archived