Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

Fridays Yorkshire Post says the deal is on IF Vydra accepts a pay cut from 40k to 35k.......... no mention of a problem with his medical

but personal terms still being negotiated .     

A “BIG Club” like Leeds can’t pay their primary transfer target £40k per week with all the money they have?? ???

That “BIG Club” comment still leaves me LMFAO. 

Either pay the man or jog on Leeds FFS, (I personally don’t want to sell him for the record) there is way too much ducking around on their part. If I were Matej I would give it a deadline and if they won’t move on it in the allotted time duck em right off. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Leeds are maybe being slightly more responsible than Derby when it comes to dishing out salaries to players.

£40k per week for playing in the  championship. Ridiculous.

however......i hope he stays with us even though that cocks up our financial strategy.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS Vydra is on 40k a week at Derby? No wonder we want to cash in...

I would rather pay Vydra 40 k a week than Jerome Nugent Martin. Blackman, Butterfield 30 k plus a week. They are the problem contracts not  Vydras

43 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It’s probably more to do with signing Waghorn than selling Vydra.

Waghorn and Marriot will lead the line. Which leaves Blackman, Martin, Jerome, Nugent all twiddling fingers. I expect a couple of those will go one way or another.

Probably true regarding how many forwards we have and personally having looked at the way we have been playing I would be keeping Martin if fit as he is different from all the others and we know he is a success in this type of formation - Jerome I think we can get £500,000 - £750,000 for him and someone will want him and I see little use for him - blackman, well he just hasn’t got what’s needed - nugent, for all his positives he hasn’t got the legs and certainly didn’t passed Christmas last season and he could get himself a deal elsewhere for a couple of years but I would also be inclined to use Bennett through the middle in fits and starts because I believe he is good enough to positively contribute - waghorn well he is not ours yet and I am not sure he is going to play centrally in a consistent way - but we will see but all of that may be nonsense if finances dictate people leave

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why should whether we sell Vydra affect whether we move players on or not? Unless we have to pay to get rid of them... Blackman anya maybe 

I thought the same, perhaps there's a couple we know we'd take a hit getting moved on, which with the Vydra money we could afford to take but can't if the deal falls through. We were very silly with some of our signings weren't we at one point.

27 minutes ago, irobinson said:

he aint going to take a paycut - I wouldnt

he doesn't really want to go in the first place - i would have thought the wages would be going the other way - to entice him

surprised that no one else has come in

Depends whether the fee is reduced so that Leeds could pay him a golden hello......

......and how much his mum and dad want ?

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought the same, perhaps there's a couple we know we'd take a hit getting moved on, which with the Vydra money we could afford to take but can't if the deal falls through. We were very silly with some of our signings weren't we at one point.

Panic buying big names on big wedges that have done it in the past! We had managers that their tenancy won’t be long and wanted to do it quick so bought short term solutions.

14 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

Never forgive Leeds for throwing seats at us from the Ossie upper wasn't good with Chelsea either. 

Made a relative fortune that day collecting the shrapnel they'd thrown at us. ???

Straight into Baseball chippy for a fish n mix

51 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think Leeds are maybe being slightly more responsible than Derby when it comes to dishing out salaries to players.

£40k per week for playing in the  championship. Ridiculous.

however......i hope he stays with us even though that cocks up our financial strategy.

Probably learnt from their infamous Seth Johnson experience lmao 

If Vydra hasn’t been announced by Monday, I reckon he’ll have stalled again.

No idea why Leeds keep coming back in for him when it’s pretty obvious he isn’t overly arsed about the move.

Bamford for 14m though, they are seriously losing there poo

Archived